“Excellent for business, romance, and family time.”

Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband had to be in Williamsburg for meetings with an overnight stay. At the last minute, myself and our seven year old son were able to join him. This was only possible because The Williamsburg Lodge was able to recommend and provide sitter service for us.

Our son was able to have room service from the children's menu delivered promptly. Double homemade Mac N Cheese, vanilla ice cream, a large glass of milk, & a Chowning's Rootbeer, along with a freshly cut rose. He felt special indeed.
Our sitter, Ms. Audrey arrived right on time and developed instant rapport with us all. My husband and I were able to meet our friends in the lobby bar where we were serviced by a most hospitable barstaff before dining at The Fat Canary in Merchant's Square. A wonderful night out we will remember always.
While my husband had meetingsthe next day, my little guy and I made our way to the pool area. There are 2 lovely outdoor pools, The Quiet Pool, and the one with a basket ball goal for the kids. Lots of swim noodles were a plus as I forgot to pack ours. Also an indoor pool with swim lanes as well as a hottub.
My husband enjoyed playing a round on their perfectly manicured and well maintained Executive Course. Later in the day, we lunched there. Perfect choice as there was no wait and the view of the course was beautiful.
There was also a wine tasting event that I skipped as I had my little guy along.
It's the attention to detail, convenient location, and incredibly personable staff that make this property the hidden gem that it is.
We will most definitely return! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2012

From the minute we drove up the hotel through check out we were provided with the best service. The rooms were very comfortable and the pool was the best I have experienced in Williamsburg. Lastly, I found the lunch menu at the hotel restaurant to be the perfect break from the full morning of Historic Williamsburg tours and REV QUEST activities. After staying at a number of hotels in the area I will be returning this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our family stayed at the Lodge while visiting Colonial Willamsburg. The locations is steps away from Colonial Williamsburg and dining. Plus a shuttle runs a route to town also. We found the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. Very helpful staff. Buy your tickets on the hotel site for a discount.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank krjcf
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Attentive and patient service, very clean rooms with lovely amenities. They served a delicious private buffet breakfast before our meeting, and allowed us to check out a little after noon so we could focus on our meeting. Great to have free wireless even though I was so busy enjoying this wonderful place I did not use it. Welcoming to families as well as business, and by the looks of the pool and spa, a nice place for couples too. The location is quiet but perfectly near both the Historic and "Merchant Square" area. The 9-hole Golf was truly special, and the service at the shop and catering for our party was excellent. Be sure to take a morning walk around the neighborhood if you can!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have just sent 4 nights at the lodge as art of an east coast US tour and been really impressed. The rooms are spacious and ours was decorated to a high standard. Service at the desk was good on arrival but the selling point is the proximity to Colonial Williamsburg.

On top of that, I managed to leave my credit card at one of the Colonial Willamsburg restaurants. By the time we had walked back to the lodge (20-30 mins) security had picked up my card and returned it to me in my room! Impressive!!

Would very much recommend!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ajh999
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just arrived home after a 3 night/4 day stay with my husband and 2 children. I am always concerned first about cleanliness and then about the ambiance. It was perfect for both of my concerns. The room was very very clean as was the bedding along with a sparkling, white, and very spacious, well-lit bathroom! The beds were ever so comfortable. I examined the entire bed(s) as I am always worried about critters and that mattress was brand new, spotless and clean! The ambiance included colonial-styled beds, paintings and furniture. The a/c worked beautifully. The room contained a fridge as well as a small safe for valuable items. It was a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I am a very particular person when it comes to traveling as I am always squirmish about cleanliness, smells and bugs!!! Not one bug, not one odor and extremely clean! The buffet breakfast was delicious and we loved the entire experience including the chef who makes the omlets "your way". We will be back again! Thank you for making our trip a great experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nicolas House on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I and my wife recommend, without reservations, this lodge to those who wish to blend the present with the past. We have stayed here many times over the last 40 years! It is a location with a wealth of items to discover in the historical area of seventeen century Williamsburg, but combined with excellent shopping opportunities in the new adjacent town of twenty first century Williamsburg. We should add that children have a wealth of activities. The old town, that is adjacent to the Williamsburg Lodge, is the foundation, the beginning, of the USA.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple