3 people are viewing this hotel
$319
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
$319
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
$286
Hotels.com$319
Priceline$319
Lol.travel$379
2,761 results
All reviews sweet tea historic area tazewell hall traditions restaurant folk art parking garage within walking distance main building breakfast buffet hotel restaurant conference center merchant's square shuttle bus two queen beds wonderful stay golf course housekeeping staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I selected the Williamsburg Lodge because of its proximity to historic Williamsburg. Friends of ours stayed a little further away in a chain hotel and paid less but weren't able to just walk to their hotel and ended up parking at our hotel and walking with us.

We loved the lobby of the hotel. Very inviting. Our room was very comfortable as well. I didn't realize when we booked our room however that we were in a different building than the lobby and had to walk through the parking lot to get to our room.

The only drawbacks to our stay were that cell phone reception was non-existent when in the hotel. I spent $5 just to call our friend's cell to tell them where to meet us. Once we got out of the vicinity of the hotel, reception came back. The other drawback was that the pool was not at our hotel but across the street at the Williamsburg Inn. The indoor pool at the Inn wasn't very kid friendly and we really didn't want to walk across the street in our bathing suits to swim in their outdoor pool.

We hung out in the lounge one night and enjoyed live music while the kids watched the NCAA Basketball tournament on the TV. It was very relaxing to sit and hang out there.

We had breakfast as part of our room. The breakfast buffet was delicious and so were the items off the menu. Definitely worth adding to your room rate.

If we visit Williamsburg again, I would plan on staying there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days with a conference. The staff was so friendly and helpful. First time my husband and i had been to the area and the staff went out of their way with helpful tips and directions. Rooms in the Ashby building was kept immaculate. Will be back with family next time.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank hhr07
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Williamsburg Lodge. I really like Colonial Williamsburg, so it was treat to stay at a Colonial Williamsburg property. I was upgraded to a suite which was huge. There were a few glitches. The sofa had a stain on the cushion and the water pressure was weak. Both problems were fixed quickly. There was some extra tables in the room for no apparent reason. The suite had a queen size, rather than a king size bed. The bathroom was tiny. There were 2 TV's in the living room, but the remote only worked for one. Why have two sets there? I liked the sink and the refrigerator in the room in the bar area. There was a dining room table I used as a work desk, but 4 could have eaten there comfortably. Staff was outstanding: friendly, helpful and efficient. We ate breakfast in the dining room (not the buffet). Again, service was good; the food was good; and the prices were reasonable. We did not use the spa, but the fitness center connected to it was outstanding. The lobby bar is not terribly unique, but I always enjoy the place. Having the historic district at your doorstep is a real plus. As I said, I was there for a conference, and the conference facilities were outstanding. The Lodge is a great place; if management would pay attention to a few details, it could be a five star experience.

Room tip: The Lodge is very spread out. We liked staying in the older section because it was less of a hike to get to the fitness center and the historic district.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank stropertre
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Wiliamsburg Lodge is the ideal location if you want to be in historic Williamsburg! The hotel layout is spectacular. Very comfortable and homey. Kind of like having everything you could need in one location. Restaurants, Bar/Lounge, Sitting rooms, beautiful breezeways, history on the walls, a gift shop, and very nice accomidating staff.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our recent stay at the Williamsburg Lodge was such an integral part of our recent vacation's quality of relaxation. The staff was uniformly gracious, polite, and accomodating, from Tim at check-in to LaTanya at check-out. Together the staff's concern for the guests created an atmosphere where the guests felt able to interact kindly with each other. I discovered that I preferred sitting on the verandah outside the lobby as my favorite reading place, rather than in my room. The grounds are attractive, with beautiful rose bushes and flower beds. The location could not be better--two very short blocks from Duke of Gloucester street, with the shuttle bus (free with our package) stop for various Colonial Williamsburg locations steps from the lobby door. The breakfast buffet had similar offerings each day, nicely prepared, and all we could have wanted in quantity and quality. The service was attentive but not claustrophobic, and each day's server (all different) was friendly. There was a lady who was the concierge who arranged tickets for events. We wanted to take part in a garden tour, and even though this was free with our package, a ticket was required. She took care of this efficiently and shared a lot of useful information with us as she did so. Our room was large and clean. We had a refrigerator and a Keurig coffeemaker. We had thought of getting a suite, but when we found our room (king) had a sitting area with a sofa and rocker, we were glad we hadn't. Our backs are often affected badly by hotel beds, but the bed here was very comfortable and didn't cause any problems. We had a couple of drinks in the bar two different nights and found the cocktails the best value we had seen in a long time. We had read reviews speaking of long check-ins, and I think this is related to the complexity of some of the packages and what they offer. We were the only ones checking in at the time, and the explanation of package benefits was involved, but so clear that we never had another question about it. Across from the main building (lobby, gift shop, restaurant, conference rooms, bar) were two buildings of rooms. Each had an interior staircase, and a central outdoor elevator connected by walkways to each building. Parking was free, and the lot was just behind our building. We also enjoyed the restaurant's seafood buffet on Friday night. This hotel goes on our list of favorites, and we will stay there again any time we visit Williamsburg--which we hope is soon!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple