$141
Hampton.com
$135
Country Inn
$130
Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Pool
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$186
$179
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$123
Agoda.com
Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$127
$109
Priceline
$129
$110
Orbitz.com
2,231 results
All reviewshistoric areasweet teatraditions restauranttazewell hallfolk artguest houseparking garagerocking chairswithin walking distancemain buildingcolonial stylerevolutionary citybreakfast buffethotel restaurantmerchant's squareduke of gloucester streetconference center
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had read a number of reviews on here that said the Lodge was not all that it could or should be and we could not disagree more. We stayed in Tazewell Hall in the Lodge and found that our room was large and beautiful. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of cleaning up after our 16 month old daughter and we had not significant complaints. The room had a fireplace which has enticed us to think about a return in the fall so we can use the fireplace. Our balcony was above a walkway but the fact remains that we were in Williamsburg to see Williamsburg. If we were in the mountains or at the beach the balcony would have been an issue. The pools were also beautiful and the food in the food for breakfast was delicious and plentiful. On the whole, this was the best decision for us and we will definitely return. We loved our time at the Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Kostadin K, Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2016

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at this place for 5 nights in the start of August. Besides one incident, we had a nice stay, but the hotels handling of that incident is not acceptable.

After returning home, I e-mailed the hotel, but they are ignoring me. Feel free to read the e-mail below.

Hi,

I am sending this to this e-mail address, as I can not find any other addresses on your website. Please direct me to another address, if you can not forward this to the relevant recipient.

I would like to tell you about our experience at your hotel.

We were staying in a suite at the Williamsburg Lodge for five days. On our third night (Friday evening), we returned to our room around 8.00 pm and experienced a lot of noise. It sounded like furniture being moved around and people shouting to each other. The noise was there for 5-10 minutes, then silence for 5-10 minutes, then noise again for 5-10 minutes. This pattern continued for the next couple of hours.

Just after 10 pm, I went to the front desk and complaint about this. By coincidence, a security guard were present at the front desk, together with the clerk. I explained my problem, stating that my son was sleeping, but my wife and I could not fall a sleep, due to the noise. I explained that I suspected that it was some maintenance staff at the conference center, converting a room from one function to another, which I explained at the front desk.

The security guard, accompanied me to my room and confirmed that the noise was actually real and that it sounded like I might be right in my suspicion.

Around 10.30 pm. Front desk called me and explained that, due to the fact that we were in a room, next to a service elevator, used by housekeeping, they were not able to guarantee complete silence at all time. I found that message both rude and condescending and explained on the phone, that I did not expect complete silence at all time, but did expect to be able to sleep at night. I also explained that I had been out in the hallway and were able to hear that the elevator mentioned was not part of the problem, the noise came from a complete different direction. Front desk then offered to move us to another room, as they were not able to stop the noise. I rejected this, due to the fact that my son was already sleeping and I know from experience, that if we woke him up, we would not be able to get him to go back to sleep. I again asked, if they really could not stop the noise, which the front desk confirmed and explained that the only option left, as I was unwilling to move to another room in the middle of the night, was to move to a new room the next morning.

After a night, where the noise continued until 8:30 am, and I only managed to get 1.5 hours of sleep, I went back to the front desk and asked to talk to a manager. I explained that I found the treatment that I had received the night before, was totally unacceptable. I felt that I was paying a premium rate for staying in a premium room at a premium resort but I was not receiving premium treatment. The manager at the front desk was very apologetic, promised me to move us to another suite and mentioned that our rate had been adjusted.

When we returned in the afternoon, we had been moved and the rest of our stay was uneventful.

Now, after returning home, I realize that the rate adjustment was a discount of $50. Had I realized this, while still at the hotel, I would probably have given the manager a piece of my mind. I find a $50 discount, for the loss of a full nights sleep patronizing. Especially taken in to consideration, that you guys actually had the opportunity to save the situation in the evening, but considered the situation and decided that other functions in your business were more important then the sleep and well-being of your guest. Furthermore, the person in charge that night, feed me a lot of B***S***, that we both knew were not the truth.

To be honest, I do feel that I should not have payed at all for that particular night, but would probably have been satisfied with a 50% discount.

Nobody is perfect. Errors are made everywhere and things go wrong all the time. What sets premium businesses a part from mediocre businesses is how they handle errors, mistakes and mishaps. This situation was handled awfully and the compensation I received, was way below what would be reasonable, leaving me with the impression of your hotel as below mediocre and not a place that I would return to.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you and to hear your reaction to our experience.

Best Regards,

It is now 11 days, since that e-mail was send, and the hotel has chosen to ignore me.

15  Thank behrendorff
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a fly drive holiday to Washington and Virginia. When we arrived, very early, our room was not available but the lady on the desk was most helpful and took our cases and suggested we look around until 3pm. If we had been from USA they would have phoned us to let us know when the room was ready. We spent a few hours getting our bearings using the shuttle buses and walking around. When we returned to the hotel the room was ready and we were directed to South Building. Our room was clean and comfortable but the bed was so high at 5ft 5ins I had a job getting onto it! Nevertheless it was comfortable. The floor was squeaky which might have been annoying for our neighbours. We had dinner in the hotel which was very good. The following morning we arrived to find there was a queue for breakfast and decided that we should eat out. This was a shame, but we found a very nice cafe and had pancakes with bacon. Mmmmm! Our second day was spent exploring Williamsburg followed by a meal out that evening and an evening walk. All in all I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2011

we loved staying so close to the colonial area. The lodge buildings are well equipped and the pools were especially welcome in the heat. We appreciated the peace and quiet and will return

Room Tip: If you are design minded, the cypress paneled rooms at the lodge are the way to go. we requested one and it was lovely.
1  Thank Kacaskey

Reviewed August 13, 2011

The 1st room I was assigned was rather "rustic" but after a call to the front desk to request any other available room, I was given a very nice king room. I had a lovely little balcony where I was able to see fireworks from Bush Gardens in the evening. The toiletries provided by the hotel are wonderful and service is excellent. I was not impressed when housekeeping let themselves into the room on Sunday morning while I was still asleep - she left quickly and quietly, but it is troubling when a stranger lets themselves in. Room service menu is a little limited but every selection that I tried was superb, especially the artisan breads and cheeses. Room service was prompt and service was excellent. The property is safe and comfortable. The 2nd room was clean and well appointed. It was no bargain as my weekend getaway ended up costing a little over 1K, but I felt very pampered and refreshed after my stay. I'll be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends