“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR - SOMETIMES”

Motel 6 Williamsburg
Ranked #67 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was looking for a place to sleep and shower only for my wife and 25yo son whom we were visiting. This place seemed like a great deal - we got our key and went up to the room. We checked ....
1. The sheets & blanket - clean and no stains
2. bed seemed soft enough
3. pillows - FORGET IT BRING YOUR OWN THEY WERE TERRIBLE SO SMALL HAD TO SLEEP WITH THREE AND STILL COULDN'T GET QUITE COMFORTABLE.
4. Sink was ok - minimal water pressure but it was clean as was the bathroom floor
5. Shower was really good - plenty of water pressure and hot / cold water
6. A/C - was not working well (sounded like an FA-18 taking off of a carrier when I turned it on!!) and the room was sweltering air was stale - tried to air it out but it didn't help for long. - solution - sleep with window part way open.
7. TV had lots of channels but was free rolling on the top of the table top it was on - my laptop was on one end while I did some work - didn't test out internet because my wireless was acting up. But there isn't much room with the TV there.
8 Walls were really thin and the neighbors were inconsiderate with blaring loud TV until after 2am (lucky we can sleep through most anything)

I saw NO BUGS although the rooms could use a deep thorough cleaning (wiping down all surfaces and the walls / ceilings) - but no bugs
My wife and I went out for a walk around as the area was lit well and we were going stir crazy so we walked down the stairs (ro0m 233) and walked down towards RT60 and we noticed a WPD car near the office as we approached and another in front of the building, as we approached RT60 a THIRD police car pulled in. This was our first full day as we arrived late the night before.... now I'm not feeling too comfortable. We cut the walk short instead of the 1 hr walk we planned to walk down towards town (nice sidewalk on side of rt 60 we went down past the Hess gas station and turned around. There was clearly something going on at this hotel because the police presence was VERY high in the 2.5 days were were there. We left to drive back to northern VA at 1145 Pm because we just couldn't sleep in those beds in the stuff room. As we were packing the car (about 15-20 minutes) at least two different WPD cars cruised the property.
I suspect that since this Motel 6 probably has weekly rates that there were lots of people actually living there and maybe some aren't very nice or had some "domestic issues" like you will find in any apartment / condo complex.
Would I go back? In the winter yes if I brought my own pillows and a fan to move the air. In the summer - NO WAY as loud as the A/C was I couldn't fathom leaving it running and staying in the room. The staff is VERY nice and cooperative, but the property needs a major overhaul to keep up with the times because I've stayed at some nice Motel 6's through the years - this is NOT one of them.

Room Tip: Check EVERYTHING when you first check in and read my review and draw your own conclusions. It's...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I never felt so unsafe in my life. I just wanted to have a clean room to sleep with my dog.My room was a worse than a dump..I couldnt even put down my dog on the carpet.. Bugs, dirty walls, dirty bed sheets, Bed sheet had dry blood on it.!!! OMG i get nauseous everytime i thing about it. i complained about the first room so they moved me downstairs room 125 it was more nasty. There were guy looks like homeless + drug dealer with a huge dog and hookers there as well.I locked myself in the room and called customer service from my cell phone. My room phone was not working either. I complained and they gave me a refund and manager name is Mike he was like hispanic looking guy, thinks he is the [--] does not even know english, With his broken english he was so rude to me. I tried explaining him as a female, i really felt in danger but he didnt care or listen to me and didnt wanna help me. I left there immadiately and checked into a safer pet friendly hotel. It was the worst hotel experience!!!! Do not go there, it should be reported and it should be closed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank melissa e
Reviewed October 11, 2012

1st room was absolutely disgusting bug, filth, tv didn't even work. 2 room was less than fair and had drugs being sold in the next room and yes I saw them I wasn't just assuming then I was approached by a hooker all while my wife and 2 small daughters were waiting in the room. Had it nt been so late I would have gone elsewhere that night. I was refused a refund and since it is a PRIVATELY owned MOTEL 6 RAT HOLE Motel 6 corporate would not help me either.

Room Tip: "GO Somewhere Else, Anywhere. . . . Unless You Are A Homeless Transient."
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

OK this place is what it is - Motel 6, $29 bucks... What do you people expect for $29 bucks... I have stayed at a lot worse for a lot more $$$$. Yes small rooms and not any of the extras but so what, just a place to lay your head for the night cheap - The owners and workers know this and that why they are very nice to make up for what we as travelers do not pay for when staying at a budget motel. I will stay here again when visiting the area. High markings from me here for a budget motel.

Room Tip: staff does not mind filling your coolers with ice - $3 a nite wifi - u will hear a train at nite pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Rented a room next too a bum that lives here as a permanent resident. 110 pound pit bull chained too a tree infront of our room #106. Once inside the room cockroaches scurried up the walls.management does not refund instead they move you too another filthy room on 3rd floor. More bugs.broken door ceiling caving in from water leak.terrible experience. Vacation ruined!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on 9/21 checking out on 9/22. At 5:30am (Saturday) my friend felt something crawling on him, he woke up to discover bed bugs had been biting on him, there were actual blood spots on his sheets. Long story short, the hotel staff was notified and they had nerve to ask if we wanted another room...HECK NO! The room money was return and the receipt had on it "Bed bugs found in room". Under no circumstances should you or your pets stay at this place.

Room Tip: Choose a clean hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The only reason why I stayed here is because my boyfriend and I were traveling with our dog. The rates are cheap and it was free for my dog. Most hotels charge you, so that was the only plus. The floor felt really nasty. The shower was wierd looking. It looked like some type of space shuttle. The room small and very closed in. We didn't even have an alarm clock. It was also very loud outside in the morning. My dog kept growling at all of the noise. I think they let people live in the front rooms. When we came in they had their dog tied up to the tree, and I noticed a t.v. satellite. I would not stay again. Next time if im traveling with my dog i'll pay the extra fee.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple