I was looking for a place to sleep and shower only for my wife and 25yo son whom we were visiting. This place seemed like a great deal - we got our key and went up to the room. We checked ....
1. The sheets & blanket - clean and no stains
2. bed seemed soft enough
3. pillows - FORGET IT BRING YOUR OWN THEY WERE TERRIBLE SO SMALL HAD TO SLEEP WITH THREE AND STILL COULDN'T GET QUITE COMFORTABLE.
4. Sink was ok - minimal water pressure but it was clean as was the bathroom floor
5. Shower was really good - plenty of water pressure and hot / cold water
6. A/C - was not working well (sounded like an FA-18 taking off of a carrier when I turned it on!!) and the room was sweltering air was stale - tried to air it out but it didn't help for long. - solution - sleep with window part way open.
7. TV had lots of channels but was free rolling on the top of the table top it was on - my laptop was on one end while I did some work - didn't test out internet because my wireless was acting up. But there isn't much room with the TV there.
8 Walls were really thin and the neighbors were inconsiderate with blaring loud TV until after 2am (lucky we can sleep through most anything)
I saw NO BUGS although the rooms could use a deep thorough cleaning (wiping down all surfaces and the walls / ceilings) - but no bugs
My wife and I went out for a walk around as the area was lit well and we were going stir crazy so we walked down the stairs (ro0m 233) and walked down towards RT60 and we noticed a WPD car near the office as we approached and another in front of the building, as we approached RT60 a THIRD police car pulled in. This was our first full day as we arrived late the night before.... now I'm not feeling too comfortable. We cut the walk short instead of the 1 hr walk we planned to walk down towards town (nice sidewalk on side of rt 60 we went down past the Hess gas station and turned around. There was clearly something going on at this hotel because the police presence was VERY high in the 2.5 days were were there. We left to drive back to northern VA at 1145 Pm because we just couldn't sleep in those beds in the stuff room. As we were packing the car (about 15-20 minutes) at least two different WPD cars cruised the property.
I suspect that since this Motel 6 probably has weekly rates that there were lots of people actually living there and maybe some aren't very nice or had some "domestic issues" like you will find in any apartment / condo complex.
Would I go back? In the winter yes if I brought my own pillows and a fan to move the air. In the summer - NO WAY as loud as the A/C was I couldn't fathom leaving it running and staying in the room. The staff is VERY nice and cooperative, but the property needs a major overhaul to keep up with the times because I've stayed at some nice Motel 6's through the years - this is NOT one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Williamsburg is located off SR 99. Within 10 miles Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary College. Seasonal outdoor pool, and coin laundry onsite. Rooms have a modern look. Wi-Fi available for a nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Motel-6, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Motel 6 Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Motel Six Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Motel 6
- Williamsburg Motel Six