“Nice Resort with great ammenities”
Review of Kingsmill Resort

Kingsmill Resort
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed March 3, 2007

We chose to stay at the williamsburg inn for a 6 nights and try the Kingsmill Inn for 4 nights. The Wiliamsburg Inn will always be our favorite but the Kingsmill Inn was a nice change of pace to the vacation, especially since we were finished visiting the historic district. The Kingsmill is a true self contained resort which can keep you busy all day.

We found the 2 bedroom suite very comfortable for our family (my husband and I, my mother, boys 7 and 6 and baby 4 months.) The beds were very comfortable and having a kitchen with little kids is a great bonus. Go to the farmers market in Wiliamsburg and pick up some of the great ready made food to stock in your fridge -- I beleive it is held two days a week in Market Square. We bought some really terrific soups and vegtables that was a great change of pace.

When reading about the resort on the internet I was very worried that I would pick the right location. After going there I realize that there is no bad location so if money matters to you, don't worry about where you stay (they have 3 price categories) they are all great locations and very close to everything.

We really liked the club house facilities with the basketball, squash, indoor and outdoor pools and really terrific showers. The shuttle to the parks was also really great, and each night we would take the shuttle to the water park and get there when the crowds were leaving. It was a lot of fun.

On the negative side, the reason we chose the resort was we signed our sons up for a tennis tournament at their facility and thought we would stay at the resort during the tournament and try it out. They have 10+ courts which are really nice. The tournament was cancelled b/c they did not list it right with USTA so they did not get many kids to sign up. I tried to sign them up for lessons and a variety of other things but the person who answered the phones at the tennis center kept giving me conflicting information. For example, they did not know when their tennis clinics were, so we missed out on them too. I had a problem with another employee and asked them if they sold swim diapers and she sent me down the hill to the store near the river and they did not sell them either. I think she should have at least called and found out for me, before sending me around the resort. The resort is really nice, but the feel with the staff is that a lot are college students and temporary workers. A much different feel than the staff at the Williamsburg Inn.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank slmNewJersey
There are newer reviews for Kingsmill Resort

Reviewed February 13, 2007

My wife and I go to this hotel at least three times a year and everytime the service gets better and better. I went to this hotel in April and encountered a mix up with my reservation the manager Lori happened to over hear us and stepped in and fixed it. We came back and she remembered us and took us to our room where she had a lovely fruit basket waiting for us. This is the kind of treament blew us away, I dont know how she finds out that we are coming but everytime she is in the lobby welcoming us back. Definatley differnt from the past years, great improvement.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank tki
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It's great! Well worth the money. Super clean and bathrooms very upscale and goose down comforters for added warmth! Can't say enough positive things about this place!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kittynjack2003
Reviewed December 31, 2006

I stayed in a two bedroom condo on the river (buliding 14) with my husband, our one year old son and my father for five nights during Christmas. I had read some reviews before booking our stay and I had high expectations and immediately upon arrival, my expectations were exceeded. The unit was very tastefully decorated and very clean. I had a hard time believing that anyone had ever stayed in the unit before us. The shower in the master bedroom is awesome. The property is very nice. I spent time in the gym and it was great. It had very nice equipment and similar to any full service gym I have ever been to. We had breakfast at the Bray Bistro one morning and it was fine. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had maid service everyday, including Christmas Day. All in all, I would rate this property as excellent and I will definitely be back for another stay!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank jscmom
Reviewed November 2, 2006

We recently stayed at Kingsmill to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We had the "romance package." My husband and I don't usually stay at this nice of a hotel, so it was a big treat. Anytime you get bathrobes in your room, you know it has to be good. Speaking of the bathrobes, we noticed that one was missing from the closet, the little sign was on the hanger, but there was no robe. When we called about it, they had one sent over immediately. Very impressed. Also soon after we arrived our champagne and chocolate strawberries arrived. VERY NICE!

We had dinner at the Eagles restaurant. I have no complaints about the place, food and service were excellent. Portions were more than generous, so bring your appetite if you plan to eat there. We also had breakfast in bed and it was also very good.

The room was just one of their regular rooms, and it was nice and clean but nothing super spectacular. It did have a great view of the river and the bed linens really made it! Some other posters did complain about the thin walls. I would have to second that. We were on the bottom floor, and we could hear people tromping up the wood stairs. Also, someone decided it would be a good idea to mow the golf course right ourside our room at 7:30 on Sunday morning. That was a little aggravating for my husband and I since we NEVER get to sleep in late!

Overall, it was a great way to spend a weekend - but it will cost good money.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mustseeparis
Reviewed September 23, 2006

Just returned. Staff was attentive and courteous.

Shuttle to and from Busch gardens could not have been more convenient. It was door to door service. I was chatting with one shuttle bus operator who made a special run to Busch Gardens for us so we wouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for the regular shuttle. He did this without us asking. Just to be nice!

Clean large rooms. Full kitchen equipped with all essentials.

Enjoyed the deck each night. Not a bug in sight. Outside on the deck we could hear the music from the marina grill in the evening. Very relaxing.

Room service was excellent. Service in the restaraunts was a little slow but not a big problem. Food was excellent.

Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank traveler37834
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The suite consisted of a master bedroom, bathroom, utility room and a very generous open plan kitchen/dining room and lounge. The quality of finishes, furniture was very high and the kitchen was well equipped. We certainly didn’t notice the “paper thin walls” referred to by other reviewers and found the resort very quite. The sporting facilities were excellent as were the restaurants. We would certainly recommend eating in the Bray Bistro. We ordered room service on one night to make the use of our own dining room and found that to be excellent as well. The staff were professional and friendly and we would certainly recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family