We chose to stay at the williamsburg inn for a 6 nights and try the Kingsmill Inn for 4 nights. The Wiliamsburg Inn will always be our favorite but the Kingsmill Inn was a nice change of pace to the vacation, especially since we were finished visiting the historic district. The Kingsmill is a true self contained resort which can keep you busy all day.
We found the 2 bedroom suite very comfortable for our family (my husband and I, my mother, boys 7 and 6 and baby 4 months.) The beds were very comfortable and having a kitchen with little kids is a great bonus. Go to the farmers market in Wiliamsburg and pick up some of the great ready made food to stock in your fridge -- I beleive it is held two days a week in Market Square. We bought some really terrific soups and vegtables that was a great change of pace.
When reading about the resort on the internet I was very worried that I would pick the right location. After going there I realize that there is no bad location so if money matters to you, don't worry about where you stay (they have 3 price categories) they are all great locations and very close to everything.
We really liked the club house facilities with the basketball, squash, indoor and outdoor pools and really terrific showers. The shuttle to the parks was also really great, and each night we would take the shuttle to the water park and get there when the crowds were leaving. It was a lot of fun.
On the negative side, the reason we chose the resort was we signed our sons up for a tennis tournament at their facility and thought we would stay at the resort during the tournament and try it out. They have 10+ courts which are really nice. The tournament was cancelled b/c they did not list it right with USTA so they did not get many kids to sign up. I tried to sign them up for lessons and a variety of other things but the person who answered the phones at the tennis center kept giving me conflicting information. For example, they did not know when their tennis clinics were, so we missed out on them too. I had a problem with another employee and asked them if they sold swim diapers and she sent me down the hill to the store near the river and they did not sell them either. I think she should have at least called and found out for me, before sending me around the resort. The resort is really nice, but the feel with the staff is that a lot are college students and temporary workers. A much different feel than the staff at the Williamsburg Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg