We just returned from the Kingsmill Resort & Spa from spending a long spring break weekend. This is the third year that my family has visited here, and this year was the best thus far. We get the Spring Fling package which includes admission/transportation to Busch Gardens & Colonial Williamsburg. My husband, 14 year-old son and 19 year-old son fit very comfortably into the 1 bedroom suite. They have a pull out queen sleeper sofa and we also brought a queen size aerobed and still had lots of space in the living/dining room. Our suite was beautifully furnished and had more than we ended up using in terms of the full kitchen. Though they also had a washing machine/dryer we didn't end up using it.
The staff was very friendly and attentive throughout our stay. My only wish was that they had more than 1 shuttle run per hour to Busch Gardens like they had in previous years... this added a bit to the stress level when trying to coordinate with our teenagers.
Hubby and the boys played on the Bray Links par 3 course and loved it. The course is beautiful and they were the only ones playing on it Saturday afternoon. Little kids will also enjoy walking around the course with a parent playing - wildlife abounds from hawks to turtles to ducks!
This was the first year we ate on site; Eagles in the golf club had a wondeful breakfast that was very reasonably priced - my family of 4 ate for around $50 including tip. Goldie, our server, was wonderful and definitely added to our meal experience!
The pool & hot tub weren't that crowded both times we went - a much different experience from last year when you couldn't move in the pool it was so crowded. Hubby and the boys enjoyed playing basketball each night in their indoor court - it's small, but can more than handle a game of HORSE.
I would highly recommend this resort for families with children of all ages!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg