I stayed at Kingsmill this week for four days with my family. The resort was wonderful. The check in staff was very friendly. We got there early (1pm) and were told are room would not be reay until the 4 pm checkin time as the resort was full. However, they gave us a parking pass and resort cards and told us to use any of the facilities. They have locker rooms by the pool so we went there and spent the afternoon.
We stayed in a resort double. The room was large and easily fit the four of us. Our room looked out on the James River and marina. We were on the second floor. I know others said the rooms were noisy on the first level so I asked to be put on the second floor. The only noise we did heard was when people were leaving their rooms as the doors are quite heavy and are loud when shutting. However, not much different than other hotels. Please note there is no actual large hotel. The resort is set up into 6 or 7 buildings that have several units. The place reminds me of Sea Pines in Hilton Head if you ever stayed there.
The pools were great. They had both indoor and outdoor pools. We ate lunch at the pool and it was wonderful. Prices were the same as any other resort. Kids loved the smoothies.
I also went to the spa and had a great massage. Prices the same as any other resort spa.
There is a marina where you can rent boats and fish. There is also a rest. that has decent seafood and a kids menu. They have nice live music each night.
The resort has 3 golf courses. My husband played the River course and said it was just ok. He also played Golden Horseshoe in Willaimsburg and said it was much better.
Finally, the resort has free shuttles to Busch Gardens(run hourly), Water Country(runs every 2 hours) and Colonial Williamsburg. These are great especially if your group wants to split up and you have only 1 car.
We went to Virginia Beach for a couple of days after leaving here and wished we would have stayed at Kingsmill instead. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg