Our family stayed here 4 nights during April break. We did not buy a package, and found that booking room only (excluding breakfast, tickets) was a better value. I read a number of reviews about concerns with noise level. We had an upstairs 2nd floor room, so didn't hear any footsteps or neighbors. The noise problem is more of a "guest problem" than resort problem, and I think as in any condo type development, if you have inconsiderate neighbors, you have a noise problem.
We are generally rather finicky, but loved this place. We stayed in a one bedroom, for a family of four. Our kids are young teenagers, and we had ample room, and thought the suite was quite spacious. The resort has a great heath club/spa facility complete with indoor and outdoor pools, great spa and superb large health club. There is also a game room in the sports complex. The resort is spread out, so this may be tougher to manage with young children. We don't usually eat at the hotels we stay at but there are a number of excellent restaurants including a reasonable Italian family restaurant in the sports complex with excellent pizzas.
I am a golfer and the plantation course was in poor shape, but the other courses looked nice. There is also a short 9 hole executive course which they only charge $15 to play.
In addition to golf there is a marina, and large tennis facility. The cafe in the tennis facility serves great pasteries, sandwiches on fresh homemade bread, but the lines are long.
There is a free shuttle to nearby williamsburg and busch gardens. We used the shuttle to busch gardens since it ran hourly and saved us the $10 parking fee, but drove to Colonial Williamsburg since that shuttle ran infrequently and parking was ample and free.
My only complaint is lack of free internet service to our building. The mgmt said it was being fixed, but was out during the duration of my stay.
We are planning on returning to Williamsburg, and will stay at Kingsmill resort again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg