“No car necessary to stay here”
Review of Kingsmill Resort

Kingsmill Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
“No car necessary to stay here”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We took the train to Williamsburg and this is by far the best way to get there. You avoid the traffic and get wonderful views along the way. The Kingsmill shuttle picked us up and we found the driver to be incredibly kind and knowledgeable. This is something I should mention about Kingsmill -- it is really spread out but they don't make you walk anywhere. Golf carts and drivers are available to take you anywhere in the resort and show up within minutes of a phone call. No car necessary to stay here. There are several different types of accommodations on site and plenty of food options. The best food on site I found was down by the water --some of the best bruscetta I have ever had! The spa was really nice for both genders and very accommodating to our schedules. Breakfast was really delicious and made to order. Great drinks, great food, great atmosphere and all around a wonderful time even as a non-golfer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThriftyThrill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Thai first
Pamplin, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights while my husband attended a conference. We were expecting just a regular hotel-type room but were upgraded to a suite, which included a full kitchen. This was great and I stocked up at a nearby grocery so didn't get to try out the resort's restaurants. I enjoyed the location of the resort, within 10-15 minutes you can be practically anywhere in Williamsburg, although you should be prepared to drive several miles through the resort community to get out to the main road, and pass through the attended gate. The resort itself was beautiful, though it was raining the entire time we were there so we weren't able to enjoy the grounds as much as I would have liked. Housekeeping kept our room immaculate. Yes, the walls are very thin, so hope for quiet neighbors. Also it was very nice that they gave you a map to Williamsburg when you come in through the gate; the maps I'd printed out from google were inadequate. Our building was probably in the one of the busiest areas, I can see where a river-view room or one slightly off the beaten track might be more peaceful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We only stayed here for an overnight, but was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful room we had facing the water. However, I felt it was a little expensive. Williamsburg was in the beginnings of their Christmas holiday festivities. That evening, unknown to us, there was a huge celebration in Colonial Williamsburg with the lighting of the center Christmas tree and fireworks. I would have thought the resort would have a list of festivities in case we wanted to take in the celebration.
Overall the room was very nice. The room was not soundproof and we could hear the people above us all night, whatever they were doing? The king bed was superb and made me wish I had gotten a king mattress my last purchase of a home mattress.
The dinner at the James River Grille at the resort was delicious with a terrific waitress. We had the place to ourselves since most people had gone to town for the events that evening.
The morning buffet in the main resort was average, and seemed very simple for this type of buffet and resort. The staff was great.
I decided to take a massage in the Resort's Spa, which was very nice and the accommodations were very nice. The massage was a little better than average, but not as good as some others I have had. The staff was very nice and accommodating.
All in all it was a nice overnight, my husband would like to come back in the spring for the golf, as they have three courses to choose from.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are to die for......
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

When my family and I go to Kingsmill, it is like going to a second home. The people at Kingsmill are all approachable and sensitive to the needs of their guests. I would recommend this resort to anyone. There is so much for a family to do in Williamsburg you can't help but have a great time. The best of all is that it is luxury at an affordable price. I especially like the condominium nature of the room. I can cook if I want and the living rooms all have fireplaces.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for our 8th anniversary, and we loved it. The room was essentially a condo despite the fact we got a discount. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was very nice and spacious (only thing I would've preferred is a bathtub, but not really an issue), and we wished we could've taken advantage of the fire place.

The staff were all nice and I loved all the Christmas decorations. Great value for the price.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: Call the reservations desk and speak with them. They may give you a better deal than Expedia.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We absolutely loved staying at the Kingsmill. Great property and excellent service. The reservations staff was extremely helpful and we received excellent service from everyone during our stay.This resort will be our first choice for trips to Williamsburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We booked our Thanksgiving Dinner at Kingsmill, Bray Dinning room. The hotel was lovely and I was looking forward to a top notch dinner. Well, it was not.
Having cooked Thanksgiving for 15 years this was my first dinner out. I checked out the web-site and saw the menu. We had considered eating in one of the Taverns in the Historic Area.(wish we had) The Buffet was 39.99 per person. Turkey, ham, prime rib and all the fixins.
We had a reservation and waited 10 for our table to be cleaned. Then our waitress asked if we would like something to drink. I ordered an Ice Tea, my husband ordered a beer. We got up to go to the buffet. When we got back, my tea was at the table, but the beer was not. The waitress saw us and hurried off to the bar to get the beer. She broght just the bottle, no glass. I asked if he might have a glass and she got a little 'tiffed'.
Now, the food.....
Turkey was cold, gravey was luke warm. No potatoes at first, dressing was dry. Wilted vegies were, well, wilted. Not anything I would have expected for such a Classy Place.
Well 100.00 plus, my dinner was a bust!
Oh, when we went to get dessert our waitress asked if we wanted coffee. Since if is a buffet you would think that once you returned to your table the coffee would be waiting. NOT!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple