We took the train to Williamsburg and this is by far the best way to get there. You avoid the traffic and get wonderful views along the way. The Kingsmill shuttle picked us up and we found the driver to be incredibly kind and knowledgeable. This is something I should mention about Kingsmill -- it is really spread out but they don't make you walk anywhere. Golf carts and drivers are available to take you anywhere in the resort and show up within minutes of a phone call. No car necessary to stay here. There are several different types of accommodations on site and plenty of food options. The best food on site I found was down by the water --some of the best bruscetta I have ever had! The spa was really nice for both genders and very accommodating to our schedules. Breakfast was really delicious and made to order. Great drinks, great food, great atmosphere and all around a wonderful time even as a non-golfer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg