We had an enjoyable 3 day stay at Kingsmill, beautiful grounds. We stayed in a one bedroom suite next to the Tennis Club. Our building was a bit weathered on the outside compared to others on the property. The inside of our suite was quite nice. It appeared to be recently renovated as there wasn't much wear & tear to be found. It was very clean. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. The bed & linens were high quality. We also had a kitchen that was functional as well as super clean. I enjoyed having the kitchen as we ate all of our breakfasts in the room. The bathroom was a good size and the water pressure in the large shower was the most powerful I've ever experienced. You'll either love it or hate it. The Staff was very accommodating. We were asked several times if we needed help with our luggage. The suite had a washer/dryer along with dishes/pots/pans. It came nicely equipped with everything you could need. We were a short walk from the pools, tennis & golf courses. We didn't mind the walk at all. They have an indoor & outdoor pool which were nice. The outdoor pool has lots of umbrellas and food service. The kids loved the large gameroom. We didn't use the workout facilities but it was quite impressive - lots of equipment & classes. I did check out the Spa which appeared nice but I passed. I don't mind paying for good spa services but these were quite pricey. We were out most dinner times so found local restaurants - Italian restaurant, Maurizos near the resort was very good and The Cheese Shop in Historic Williamsburg - great sandwiches. We didn't take the Shuttles to Busch Gardens. Taking the shuttle will save you a $10 parking chg at Busch Gardens. My husband & son used the Par 3 course and driving range and enjoyed them. They also had golf camps in progress which my son would have liked to attend. My husband also golfed on The River Course. Kingsmill did mess up his reservation/charges however they did correct the problem to his satisfaction. He enjoyed the Course. Bring your tennis gear, wish we did. They also offer bike and boat rentals. This is a wonderful Resort for relaxing and having fun. I didn't think 3 days was enough to take advantage of everything they had to offer. If you like views, you might want to request a suite with a river view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg