We stayed in this resort from 6/17 to 6/21. We booked it as we wanted a good hotel to stay in that is close to busch gardens. Over all, I would rate this a 2.5 out of 5, according to the criteria below:
When we first came inside, the rooms were clean, and the beds were all made. The rooms weren't as spacious as we saw from the photos online, and they would have charged extra for a view of the ocean. We booked a 2 bedroom suite, and it included a kitchen, living room, and a dining area. The furnishings were a bit outdated, but they were still good for our purposes. The rooms were cleaned regularly, around 9:00 daily.
The housekeeping staff did an excellent job cleaning the room and making the beds. They came to our room at 9:00 AM, but we asked for them to come 1 hour later. They replaced our towels, made the beds, sometimes vacuumed, and upon request, they replaced the linens. They were consistent, and overall they did a good job.
When we checked in and out, the front desk staff were pleasant and quick to get us our keys. When we asked for transportation, they immediately sent out a golf cart and transported us wherever we needed to go.
When we were walking outside, usually a golf cart asked to give us a ride, if a cart was within vicinity. We also called the front desk, and they sent a cart out to our room. The drivers were nice to us, and told us about some resort features.
We ate breakfast at the Bray dining hall. When we booked online, we booked for a package that had breakfast included. They removed the deal as it was limited time, and when we got there, they told us that we had to pay for breakfast. Initially we wanted to clear up at the front desk if we had a breakfast package, and Tiffany (a dining staff) was fine with it, and she was with us the whole time. We went outside to clarify, Angela (another staff member) started to scream at us and said, "You cannot leave until you pay" in a loud voice so others could hear. Her erratic behavior is very concerning as it damages your reputation in front of everyone. It seemed as if her agenda was to humiliate us, and that was why we never dined at another restaurant again. Angela's attitude towards us seemed ridiculous since we already could afford to pay 1500 dollars to stay at the resort, obviously we could pay for an $81 breakfast. Angela acted as if we would run away without paying. Staff employed in this position are expected to be polite, courteous, kind, and well trained in basic principles of hospitality, but Angela demonstrates the opposite by humiliating us
In the end, we had a good vacation at the resort, but it could have been better if some of the dining staff would be nicer. This is a good resort and a good place to stay if you are just going to Busch gardens or any other attractions nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg