“Beautiful location on the James River,room left something to be desired.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsmill Resort

Kingsmill Resort
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Macon, North Carolina
“Beautiful location on the James River,room left something to be desired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were here for 2 nights to attend a business planning conference. Outstanding breakfast buffet saved the rating, and all day there were drinks and snacks available to the conference attendees to enjoy. Our room with a king bed was "cozy" or "cramped" depending on your view. It overlooked the golf course,and as mentioned before the grounds are beautiful. However, the bed took up over 1/2 the living area, there was not enough closet space to put things away. The bathroom was decent size,but you better not plan to stay in your room much. Maybe the bigger 2 or 3 bedroom units would be better, but I'd be very cautious about the 1 bedroom. Everything was clean,and there is plenty of parking space. I don't know what the company paid for my room,but I would try to get a bigger unit or look elsewhere nearer to the shopping and historic districts. the main reason to stay here would be for the golf.

Room Tip: Check out the 1 BR size before you agree to rent one,unless you're by yourself, and travel light...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kingfather
Dear kingfather,

We thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort on your recent visit to Williamsburg, we are happy to hear that you felt our resort is a beautiful location on the James. I apologize if you felt that your accommodations were a bit smaller that you anticipated. I would suggest a one bedroom suite as they are larger, has its own living area with a queen pullout sofa, dining room, and kitchen separate from the bedroom area if you choose to stay with us again. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

L. Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at Kingsmill for their unlmited golf play package. $334 per night for room and unlimited golf on their 3 courses. One of the courses - River - was very nice. The second - Woods - was challenging but not as well conditioned as River. Did not play the third - Plantation - but was told by friends that it was the least of the three. Got my money's worth as played 36 holes one day and 27 the next. The rate also included a very good buffet breakfast. Room was very nice but the internet service was not working which was frustrating. They took $25 per night off my bill for the non-functioning internet which I thought was reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jim B,

We thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort on your recent visit to Williamsburg, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay. I too find the Woods very challenging but it is my favorite course out of the three. I apologize that our internet was not working properly. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Never having been to the area before I had no idea where to stay. We were with a large group and got the 3 bedroom suite. The resort is huge so the suite was located a short driving distance from the check in / lobby area. The resort was right on the James river and had beautiful views!! The food at the something landing restaurant which was in the water was fantastic seafood!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jana4697
Dear Jana4697

We appreciate your compliments about Kingsmill Resort and we thank you sincerely! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team members. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward you hosting you in the future.

Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at Kingsmill in mid-April of 2013 with my family. I really enjoyed the resort - the 2-bedroom suite we had was very sapcious, the kitchen was certainly large enough if we were to do our own cooking, the beds were comfortable, and the room and the grounds were very neat and well-maintained. Our unit had a view of the golf course, which appeared to also be well-tended. The resort is very nicely landscaped, and altough it was too early and cool to use a lot of the outdoor facilities, they also appeared to be spacious and well-maintained, which is what you would expect in this sort of setting. The resort is conveniently located to all that Williamsburg has to offer.

The only downside to my experience was the wi-fi system, which was sporadic at best. This would have been fine if I didn't need to do a little work and approve timesheets, but since I needed to do these things remotely, this proved to be a huge inconvenience. This was at a time when the resort was fairly quiet. I would imagine that it's even worse when it is closer to capacity.

I would definitelty stay here again, but would try to get my work done before I left to the maximum extent I could.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear huskyhoops,

We thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort on your recent visit to Williamsburg, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay. I apologize that our internet was not working properly. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to Kingsmill this spring and had a great time. The sports facilities were top notch; indoor and outdoor pools, hot pools in the lockers, full gym and saunas. It was a little early for the outdoor pools, but the indoor facilities were not crowded. The golf courses look like they were well maintained but we didn't golf. Also, it was also a nice place for the convention I attended.

I would give it 4 1/2 stars only because restaurants had a hard time answering my questions about whether the food had gluten in it. So if you have a food allergy, be careful here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear CajunGreg,

It is great to hear your experience at Kingsmill Resort was positive! I do apologize for your experience with the lack of knowledge of gluten free products in our restaurant and will be sure to communicate your experience to our Executive Chef. We thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort and hope to see you again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Kingsmill resort for 3 nights in April at the end of our spring break vacation. Our party of 5 was very comfortable in a 2BR unit that faced the James River. We had a great view of the marina and the "Ghost Fleet" in the river. Kingsmill is located very near Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. Since we were busy touring those attractions, we didn't have time to take advantage of all of the amenities at Kingsmill. There was an indoor pool, spa, golf, tennis, a game room and many organized activities and classes.

The beds were quite comfortable with high quality linens and fluffy comforters. The daily maid service was a nice touch. We appreciated having a full kitchen and a washer and dryer after many days of hotels.

I would love to visit Kingsmill again in the summer when we could take advantage of all of the outdoor activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear adenny_wfu,

“All the comforts of home” is a great compliment to Kingsmill Resort and our team members. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a positive experience with our facilities, accommodations, and our Restaurants. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again next year.

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I think most visitors stay multiple days at the resort and I can see why. The surroundings are ggorgeous. We stayed in a single room with a king bed. The bed was soft and comfy, very important to us! The one downside to our room was that the walls were thin and we could hear our neighbors. That was the only negative and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Wozinme,

It is great to hear your experience at Kingsmill Resort was positive! I do apologize for your experience with the noise in your unit. We thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort and hope to see you again soon.