“Great Home-base in Williamsburg” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingsmill Resort

Kingsmill Resort
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Virginia
“Great Home-base in Williamsburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The condos are great for a family and this is the perfect spot to explore all parts of Williamsburg. With the kitchen in the condo, it made breakfast easy and it was nice to have a separate living and sleeping area. Husband and kids loved playing golf, although like most resorts the golf is not cheap, but the courses appeared to be in great shape. "The Mill" is great for breakfast and snacks. And we also had dinner at the James Landing Grille - which was exceptional.

I can' wait to go back in the summer to try out the new pool and spend some time at the marina. We will be back.

One thing to note is that the condo's can be a little noisy, I would recommend a top floor location, to hopefully cut down on the foot traffic noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LAbraham, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear girlfromVA,

“Great Home-base in Williamsburg” is a great compliment to Kingsmill Resort and our team members. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a positive experience with our facilities, accommodations, and our Restaurants. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again next year.

Warm Regards,

L. Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Thai first
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

we'd planned our Williamsburg get-awy for a few weeks, and were surprised that there was still availability @ Kingsmill in Williamsburg; from teh real-log burning fireplace, the excellent vistas, the shuttle service to the attractions, it really offered everything we needed and then some. THANKS, Kingsmill, for making our spring-break get-away memorable!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason B
LAbraham, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Jason B,

“wonderful accommodations, excellent value” is a great compliment to Kingsmill Resort and our team members. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a positive experience with our facilities, accommodations, and our Restaurants. The wood burning fireplace is truly one of our best features when you are looking to getaway on a cold day. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again next year.

Warm Regards,

L. Abraham
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful week at the resort with the family. It was central to our planned activities which included touring Williamsburg and Jamestown, and visiting Busch Gardens. Our immaculate suite overlooked the James River which we enjoyed very much as we sat on our balcony. After long days of activities we wrapped up our days spending time in the pool and whirlpool at the Sports Club. The staff where very friendly, accommodating and helpful. The grounds were impeccably maintained. Our suite's well equipped kitchen allowed us to prepare our own meals.
We look forward to staying again.
Ps: We saw on the news a few weeks ago that the President stayed here. We wondered if he stayed in the very same suite we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My boyfriend whisked me away for a surprise weekend getaway to Kingsmill after Valentine's Day, including a massage at the resort's spa. Upon entering the resort grounds, I was impressed by the scenic, peaceful residential setting and couldn't wait to explore it. My boyfriend caught hell checking us in because the front desk staff couldn't find the reservation he made weeks ago. It turned out someone booked the room reservation in MY name (which remains a mystery because he never gave them my name). Then, on top of that, we arrived after the check-in time but were told our suite was not ready. He spoke with a couple of staff members who were rude, condescending and incompetent. I jumped in and went from speaking to a front desk clerk to a manager to voice my complaints and to request some sort of compensation for the inconvenience. We were "upgraded" to a suite with a river view that was ready right away and were also given a discounted rate on our stay. I enjoyed the hour-long sampler massage (which emphasized more Swedish than hot stone) I received at the spa, though the tight space in which the lockers/dressing area was contained made it difficult for more than two women to maneuver the area in an attempt to disrobe or dress. My bf and I thought we'd be able to dine at whichever restaurant on the resort property specializes in seafood, but it turned out that we needed reservations. We ended up going to nearby Captain George's instead. The brunch we had in the Bray Dining Room was quite tasty; I particularly enjoyed the maple pecan danish. Our suite was clean, contemporary and spacious. The bed was comfortable, I LOVED the bathroom and the one-serving Keurig was a nice touch in the kitchen. We didn't get to use the fireplace that came with our suite. Aside from the unpleasant experience with the staff, we enjoyed our stay; however, service is realllly important....especially first impressions, which is why I took one star off my rating. I would be more willing to stay again than my boyfriend...we'd probably want to check other resorts in the area first if we are looking for a nearby place in a secluded setting to unplug and relax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toni T
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on two occasions, once approx four years ago and this most recent trip in March of 2013. I paid about the same price for a shorter stay this time in comparing our four day stay years ago. The resort suites are not as I remember them. They are rather run down and not restocked with coffees or towels daily (as advised I did leave my dirty linens in the shower.) The dryer in our suite did not dry my clothes when I used them. Had to make arrangements to have the desk do this because I needed the clothes. My husband did get the dryer to work but it took several cycles to dry them. The Bray has a nice selection of food for breakfast but it should considering the price that"includes" this with the package for the room. The staff was nice enough but some people there did not seem very friendly especially the drivers and maintenance staff. Overall, I would rather pay less for this level of service. The place is convienent to many destinations and I wish it would have met my expectations.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to the Kingsmill Resort and Spa in June 2012, from the time we arrived on the premises, everyone who worked there greeted us. The resort was simply fabulous, from the lobby to rooms. Very clean, very spacious....cozy and clean....impressive

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank beebat
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the resort overnight to attend my spouse's summer work event. We were given a second floor room in one of the buildings near the main resort building. The resort is beautifully designed and maintained and very easy to get around (they provide golf cart pick-ups, but we walked everywhere). We enjoyed the pool, which looks out over the broad expanse of the James River. The meals (dinner and breakfast) were delicious and the staff was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family