All reviews living room washer and dryer full kitchen hot tub historic williamsburg busch gardens short drive king bed devin fireplace microwave yorktown
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019

I thought I got a smokin' deal on this room at $63 per night, but it wasn't worth any more. In the first half hour, I killed three spiders, all different kinds. Then we found dead bugs and spiders all over the bathroom floor, sink, shower, and window sill. I had no idea what was on the carpet because it was such a dark blue. I thought, it's spring, bugs happen.
The "villas" are in groups of three and the walls are VERY thin. On the second night, I woke up to our neighbor's television at 2:30am. I thought it was people fighting outside at first. And this wasn't muffled noise, I could hear every word!
When we were packing up to leave this morning, my husband looked under the dresser to be sure nothing had fallen behind or gotten shoved underneath it. (Note that the dresser has legs about 5 inches tall.) There was an unopened bag of chips (not ours) and a dirty sock turned inside out (again, not ours.)
I'm not sure what they pay their exterminators and house keepers, but it's too much! I guess if you don't listen to their timeshare spiel, you don't get the good rooms. I can only assume they have good ones.
On a positive note, the location was good and the people were nice.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank SusanMcK_44
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

The four of us (2 adults + 2 kids) really loved it here. And when you’re tired from all the walking tours and amusement park outings, there is nothing better than a dip in their large outdoor pool, which is seriously as warm as a bathtub! Thank you to Mike the GM for making our experience at Westgate truly memorable!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort. We strive to create the best possible experience for our valued guests, and learning of your satisfaction is truly wonderful. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another visit.

Regards,
Trina

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This is a timeshare property which also has rooms. The main property is a few blocks away from the little complex of rooms we stayed in. The room was tiny, the king bed took up the whole room. There was a Small refrigerator and microwave and it was very clean. I’m not sure if you were an owner that they would put you in the room we stayed in, but if so I can’t imagine you would be too happy. As soon as you check in they bug you to do a tour. For the price we paid it was a good value. I would call it a hotel not a resort. The pool is nice the hot tub wasn’t hot. The playground is tiny. The location was great for visiting this area.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tovtigo
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort. Even though your overall stay was pleasant, we are sad to hear that our property amenities did not meet your expectations. However, we are glad that you found your room accommodations and the location of our property adequate to make your stay worthwhile. We thank you again for your patronage and hope that you will visit us again and we will be sure to exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,
Jackie

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Accommodations were comfortable, quiet, convenient to attractions. Staff was professional and pleasant. Walking distance to local things in the area of the Westgate. Nice sitting room and had an evening presentation which was educational.

Date of stay: September 2018
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Hi Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. It makes us happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your needs in such a friendly and professional manner. We are glad you found our location convenient to all the entertainment and sights around town. We look forward to getting the opportunity to create yet another amazing stay for you!

Kind Regards,

Britney

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Room was spacious and really nice. 2 bedroom suite had all of the amenities we needed. Movie night was a great addition. It was so close to restaurants, movie theater, grocery stores and attractions. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Sherri,

Thank you for your 5-star rating and review of Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort. We are so glad you had everything you needed for a great vacation with us. We hope to welcome you back to Westgate Resorts in the future!

Regards,