This resort is nowhere near as impressive as the first Westgate we stayed at in Kissimmee, Florida but then not many places would be, but it is nice enough with attention to detail and the colonial feeling. We were tickled pink to be put in the Patrick Henry suite and although it wasn't large it had more than enough space for two of us. A full kitchen, breakfast bar, washer and dryer, big bed with plenty of pillows but it was noisy. Not partying noisy but toilet flushes, windows opening, noisy refrigerator kind of noisy, tolerable but noisy. We were a little confused by the parking refurbishment but muddled through. It is close to pretty much everything and easy to find and it is quite nice. We bought the vacation after attending a time-share presentation in Florida and make no mistake, they can call it what they want but it's still a time-share; we booked this months ago and still received several calls from Westgate reminding us that we had to book our holiday which did nothing except send me into a panic as I thought that meant the booking had been mislaid! I should have known then that not everything would go according to plan. NOTE - when you buy the vacation rental package (which it turns out is not such a super deal price-wise), you are also agreeing to go to yet another time-share presentation!!! It's in the fine print apparently. We arrived on Friday September 28th and were looking forward to a week of stress-free vacation (already derailed in part by some car issues). We were away Sunday night and I do not tend to check my cell phone when I am away unless it is our daughters number that pops up, I more or less ignore calls. We're retired and have nothing and no-one else that can't wait. Monday evening we returned to our condo to see the message light flashing. The first message it said was from January 25th, 2011 and it was just silence - not kidding about the recorded date. The second message was from someone called Bob .... something or other, who was telling us we had an appointment Tuesday morning at 9:00am to go over the program with him and that he had left messages on my cell-phone. I immediately called the desk and advised them to advise him that we would not be available and had NO interest in another presentation for a time-share. Off to bed we went. The next morning I was awakened by someone knocking on the door - despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign. I waited and they knocked again. By the time they hammered away a third time, I flung the door open, in my nightie, hair all over and this man says "Mrs. Henry?" I said yes, he said he was Bob and we had an appointment. I replied that just because he had left messages he should not presume that we had an appointment and that he could bugger off. I shut the door, called the front desk and asked for Mike Wynn the general manager. He listened, apologized and said that although Bob didn't work for him, he would get the message to Bob's boss. 15 minutes later the suites phone rang and I handed it to my husband; Mike Wynn informed us that we HAD to attend ANOTHER presentation as part of our contract we had signed. My husband said in that case we would be leaving, which we did, three days early. We are now staying elsewhere at a much lower rate but in a lovely room with no hassles whatsoever. We will be contacting the upper management and directors, perhaps even the owner of Westagte Resorts as this seems to border on kidnapping when you are FORCED to attend a presentation. Everyone was very pleasant except Bob, but when we were asked if we were checking in when we were leaving and we replied no, we were leaving EARLY, there was no concern expressed whatsoever. My recommendation would be to run not walk, away from all Westgate Resort's unless you can withstand the high-pressure sales pitch from the salesman and the closer. Stick with Best Western, Holiday Inn or Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ideal Choice for Your Williamsburg Vacation Getaway Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort in Williamsburg, Virginia, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home, all within minutes of area attractions such as Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA. Accommodations at our Williamsburg, VA hotel range from cozy studios to spacious one- and two-bedroom villas with fully equipped kitchens, queen sleeper sofas, separate living and dining areas, satellite TVs with DVD players and full baths with jetted tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Historic Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Westgate Historic Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Westgate Historic Hotel