The Governor's Inn staff was extremely helpful and very nice. The rooms are typical for an econmical hotel--along the same line as a Days Inn or a Comfort Inn. Housekeeping kept us stocked with towels and all of the basics. The breakfast had a decent variety for continental but I do suggest planning ahead and getting there early due to the eating area becoming packed. There is an upstairs level but it was not always open. The pool is a nice size and was very well kept. Also the walk to CW is only about three blocks and we made it to the Governor's Palace within ten minutes. The walk is safe and not all that bad.
Over all, we felt this hotel met all of our needs and we will definitely consider staying here in the future. It is definitely budget friendly and is centrally located (Richmond Road is a short 5 minute drive from the hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short walk from the heart of the action, the Governor’s Inn offers comfortable, economy accommodations and access to all the best that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer. Rooms with functional space for the whole family, and added amenities including an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and discounted admission tickets make Governor’s Inn the ideal choice for budget-conscious visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg