Don't go to this hotel expecting high luxury as you'll be sorely disappointed. Go with the knowledge that this is an older clean hotel with a friendly staff and great access to Merchants Square and historic Williamsburg and it'll be a great stay. We were here in mid-June and honestly felt it was a great value for the price. My 8 year old daughter and I walked from Merchants Square one evening and had a wonderful four block trip. Visitor's Center is very near as well. Of course you get the wonderful expensive soaps and shampoos as the other CWF hotels, but you don't have to pay the price for them. Housekeeping did an excellent job and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. It did get crowded in the breakfast area. Most people don't realize that there is another place to eat. Get your cereal, coffee, bagels, donuts, cocoa, milk, fruit, toast, etc., and then look for the stairs next to the front desk. They lead you to another sitting area. Not as nice as downstairs, but not nearly as crowded. Asked for a quiet room when I checked in and was moved away from the RR tracks mentioned in previous reviews. It was quiet until the last night when some kids were walking outside the upstairs room running a stick against the metal railing. Have stayed in the Williamsburg Lodge before and have to say that unless I was looking to throw my money away, I'd stay in the Governor's Inn again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short walk from the heart of the action, the Governor’s Inn offers comfortable, economy accommodations and access to all the best that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer. Rooms with functional space for the whole family, and added amenities including an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and discounted admission tickets make Governor’s Inn the ideal choice for budget-conscious visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg