It’s in a good location, right between the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and Colonial Williamsburg itself. My room was clean, comfortable and warm since it was a cold night. The shower was clean and had plenty of holders (4) for soap and shampoo. The wi-fi was good. The television and the heater worked fine. There’s a good continental breakfast.
The building might be considered a little old, however, it is well maintained. The walkways along the rooms are well lit at night and it's only a short walk to a soda or ice machine. The staff was very friendly and so was the hotel mascott cat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg