I booked the Governor's Inn for a week's stay during the Christmas season. I had always stayed at another place, so I was little apprehensive. I must say that our experience was very good. The place is a little older, but has been kept up very nicely. The rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. We had a problem one night when the people next to our room were smoking up a storm and the smell was soon seeping in our room and we could not sleep(plus they were loud - though we got an unexpected show about their private life). The staff confirmed and then offered us a room at a more expensive place, but we declined as the people were checking out. The staff was there and airing it out within minutes. The hotel can't control their guests, but they did respond to the situation.
All in all, a great stay and the location was excellent.
Just a note...I believe a lot of hotels aways clump all their guests in one area whether they need to or not, but....I wish they could spread out the guests when there are not many guests in the hotel. Two nights of our stay there were few guests, but we were all congregated in the same place. I know it is a little more convenient for housekeeping, but it would have helped avoid the problem we had had they put at least a room between us. The rooms are not soundproofed very well, but fortunately, most of the guests were considerate and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg