As everyone else had stated, I also booked the room here because it was a Colonial Willliamsburg official property and extremely value priced ($59/night) during high season - second week in August. We were not expecting much due to the price compared to their other properties and their prices, but were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and clean, about average-looking for a 2-star property. We liked the fact that the bathroom sink area was outside of the toilet/shower separate room w/door, which is handy when traveling with others. There were 4 of us, and adequate space for all of us to spread out our goodies. Best thing: you can get a length-of-stay pass to the historical area for only $30 because it is an official property! Wonderful discount and you should stay here if just for that reason. Breakfast area was adequate with seating and variety of food options including waffle maker. Helpful staff every day. We stayed here 3 days/2 nights. Free wifi. Our building also had an elevator so we didn't have to lug our suitcases up stairs to the 2nd floor. Only drawback - a train track is right next door and the trains came through frequently were somewhat noisy and unfortunately we could hear them in the room pretty loud.... but only lasted a couple of minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg