We stayed at the Governor's Inn for a long (hot) weekend in September. Dad and the kids primarily wanted to do Busch Gardens Howl O Scream, and my intention was to use the free passes to Colonial Williamsburg( we really never got the chance as we spent the entire time at BG). I booked the hotel after much research because of the price, availability of adjoining rooms and location. The rooms were fine - average standard hotel rooms with two double beds. I loved the ability to walk to Merchants Square (about 10 minute walk) for dinner or shopping. The kids liked the outdoor pool which was still open - small, but enough to cool off after a hot day at BG. Breakfast was crowded, but we could always find a seat - basic toasted items, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, etc. Always refreshed by the attendant. After we left, the kids found that they had left some things in the bedside drawer - I called and they were returned promptly. Overall a good stay, great location and good value. Not luxury, but fine if you just looking for a place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short walk from the heart of the action, the Governor’s Inn offers comfortable, economy accommodations and access to all the best that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer. Rooms with functional space for the whole family, and added amenities including an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and discounted admission tickets make Governor’s Inn the ideal choice for budget-conscious visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg