“Convenient Williamsburg Hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Williamsburg Historic
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here June 24-25-26, 2013 and thought this hotel was very convenient to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown and the price was right. There were many restaurants and stores nearby as well. Even if this was an older hotel, it didn't matter to us because we were so busy sightseeing every day. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good...lots of waffle makers for the crowd!

Room Tip: Fantastic location in Williamsburg!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This my experience I had at the hotel. I recently stay at this hotel on july 5 2013 for 5 days and 4 nights ..I will not recommend this hotel to anyone ok.i was charge for a hold on cancellation and no one called or state in the contract where they hold your money and I got charge for that. our room was not done for 3 days and there was stains on the comforter...and they do not change anything...I went to the front desk to complain and about 5 it was done..and the ice maker was down for 2 days after complained..there were no towels by the pool and I had go out and buy new towels and I will not used any dirty towels and there bugs in the pool area do to doors being open and the pool was dirty not even clean...hair floating in the pool... and my room was 403 and 405..i do I did not hear the train upfront in the building

Room Tip: not recommend for this hotel
1  Thank tinkerq
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I picked this hotel based on the price. The room was very dated and everything in it was damaged. There were clear stains on the ceiling where you could tell a leak had been poorly patched. The comforter had a cigarette burn on it. The room wasn't necessarily dirty but it was really clean either. We were supposed to stay 4 nights and only stayed one. The staff was nice enough but not particularly so. There are plenty of other hotels on this street of all different price ranges, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I only stayed one night but wanted to share how great the front desk staff were. Both Tim and Matt were professional and understanding with my questions about the area. They suggested some sightseeing trips without being overbearing....and supplied me with useful coupons for local restaurants!
This hotel is in walking distance of restaurants(try Annas Pasta House next door).Awesome location, great complimentary breakfast!

Room Tip: There is an indoor pool and a laundry room,but no fitness room.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for nine nights.

Our room was not made on four different occasions by 4:00 pm, which I believe is reasonable to expect. Sometime after 4 pm we had to go to the front desk and request that it be made and sit in the lobby waiting for it to be done.

We left each day before 10:00 am to go to one of the attractions and returned around 4 pm to get ready for dinner. This was a huge disruption to our vacation. Six hours should be enough time to clean our room. Not to mention, if Room 415 has an issue once, you might try to make sure it does not happen day after day.

Ants were found on muffins and in the breakfast area three times in nine days.

We had to request towels at the pool several times during the vacation.

The back doors were not secure as rocks and sticks were found keeping them open several times during the vacation.

The only good thing about the hotel was the price. Fortunately we did not spend much time at the hotel and the area is a great family destination. We had a great vacation despite this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeClarke
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice Place....Didn't really notice the train..LOL(Train runs behind hotel)...Decent breakfast...Close alot of eating places...Not far from Busch Gardens...Real close to the outlets(for you shoppers)....

1  Thank da-loco1
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a mostly positive experience at this motel. The lobby was very nice with a large breakfast area and several food items for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, and clean. I liked the fact that there was 2 sinks, one in the bathroom itself and one outside the bathroom. Yes there is a train that runs behind it but we were on the top floor and it didn't bother us. The only bad thing that happened, was we returned to our room to find the ceiling leaking. It had been raining heavily. I had noticed that there was some sort of patch on the ceiling there, but it broke through again and leaked. The staff immediately moved us to another room a few rooms down. Also, we didn't use the pool, but my husband and I decided to take a look at it while our laundry was going. I'm not sure if it was condensation or the ceiling was leaking in there too. That was also during the rain. But all in all, it was a nice stay. One other thing is that the beds are only full size so if you need a larger bed you may have to get a king size room.

Room Tip: Probably the best floor would be the 4th to help cut out train noise and to avoid leaking ceilings!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family