“NICE ONE NIGHT STAY”

Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Richmond, Virginia
“NICE ONE NIGHT STAY”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My stay was quite nice. I found the desk clerk very friendly. The room was clean. The air conditioning worked perfectly. It was very quiet. Although the breakfast choices were limited, they were satisfactory. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tennessee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Never before have I given a perfect rating for any Comfort Inn (our chain of choice), but this facility was everything one could ask for on a vacation or business trip. Anything we asked for was given with not hesitation and with a smith. The room was spacious and lovely, clean, etc. The breakfast (I am diabetic) had enough for me to chose from. A total great experience.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with what you get, if possible, I think they would do whatever it takes to make...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I took my family to BuschGardens for spring break. Had gone last October and other times and never stayed at a place I liked. Until now! I will never stay anywhere ells. Comfortable beds, fantastic breakfast (waffles, bagels, donuts, cereal, biscuits, adult & kid yogurt, eggs, meat,fresh fruit....) The guy keeping the breakfast stocked was very helpful. I had a little trouble with the coffee both mornings, but he helped me. :-) The pool was small but perfect size for me to watch multiple kids in. Also the water pressure in the shower was awesome! We felt very safe. We ordered from Dominoes the first night. Very fast delivery and VERY Hot. We also ate at the Cracker Barrel next door and was not impressed. My husband didn't get what he ordered, and my pancakes were not cooked through.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Wolvepack
Virginia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have been staying here now into my second year ,during the spring and summer, and the staff and hotel are great for the price. I would as always reccomend this hotel to anyone ,anytime. The location is superb to shopping and Busch Gardens. I really like that you can walk to a fast food resturant or the Christmas Mouse,its very comforting at the end of a long day.The indoor pool is a great asset to the hotel as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Medleyz
Raeford, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is close to the Bowling Lanes, as I was in Williamsburg for a tournament. The room was clean and very comfortable. By comfortable, I mean the bed was very comfortable. The pillows were perfect! I have no complaints about my stay at Comfort Inn. It doesn't take much to please me for breakfast so early in the morning, so I enjoyed my coffee, juice, boiled egg, bagle and cream cheese. My husband loves the waffles, even though I had to cook them for him. Although eggs and sausage was available, we did not help ourselves to it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vernita E
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Inn was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good. A good location
for shopping, dining and the Williamsburg experience. The staff was courteous
and friendly. We try to visit each spring and fall. So we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kenneth l
Wellsburg, WV
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We spent two nights at the Comfort Inn in Williamsburg, VA. We chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool and offered a free breakfast. The hotel staff was courteous and checking in and out was a breeze, mostly because we had pre-paid through hotels.com. They still required a credit card for phone calls and such. Our overall experience was good, but there were a few things that ensured we will not stay here again. First, the free continental breakfast was a fiasco. This is important to us because we travel with two young children (ages 2 and 6) and I hate paying for a breakfast that they may not eat. There wasn't much selection, mostly prepackaged food in mini sizes. The toaster really needs to be replaced because it took almost five minutes to toast a min-bagel. They had two waffle makers and offered microwaved sausage and eggs, as well as three kinds of cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and an assortment of mini-muffins and doughnuts. This would have been fine if they hadn't kept running out of food. I can't blame the hotel entirely for this, they did have a couple of groups staying and these people took far more than they ate. Some of them threw out whole plates of food, but the hotel should have been prepared for the large volume of people wanting breakfast. Secondly, the room really wasn't that clean. It had been surface cleaned and didn’t smell bad for a smoking room, but it needed a good vacuuming. My son dropped an apple slice on the floor and when I picked it up it was covered in course, black hair. Needless to say, we tried to keep things off the floor. There was also a problem of the trains. This had been mentioned on other forums, so I was prepared for it, but be aware that the tracks are literally right behind the building, probably about thirty feet away at most. You can hear and feel them running at high speeds all day and night. We live near tracks, so we're used to it. It might be a problem for others though. Finally, on the second night of our stay, the ceiling in the bathroom started to leak. By morning, the ceiling was beginning to fall in. I kept an eye on it while we quickly used the restroom and showered. We notified the hotel staff and they said they would take care of it as soon as we left. There were a few other imperfections with the room. But we overlook those kinds of things as long as they aren't a safety hazard. There were some good things about our stay. The pool was warm and not too crowded when we were there, which was nice. Parking was alright, and we were on the first floor, so I can't rate the elevators or stairs. Overall, our experience was a good one. The beds were comfortable, the pillows plentiful, the blankets warm, and the flat-screen TV had a good selection of cable channels, as well as places to hook up your gaming system if you brought it. We probably won't stay here again, just because of the breakfast situation, but I would recommend it for people who either eat early or don't plan on eating there at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family