WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area

Courtyard Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cleveland, Ohio
“A usual Courtyard experience, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

A Courtyard is a Courtyard, good service, nice rooms, etc. This has a great location to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg.

My only two complaints were that we had reserved two rooms and requested adjoining rooms,but they were 5-6 rooms apart. I get that this isn't guaranteed, but hotels can usually make this happen.

The second is I hate the Bistro concept for breakfast at Courtyards. This is a system-wide thing and I can't really ding this property for it, but it is disappointing that as we were leavinga at 6 a.m. I couldn't even get a cup of coffee because the Bistro wasn't open. Most Marriott properties have complimentary coffee available in the lobby all day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorthCostGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We usually stay at Marriott properties because of the service and friendliness of the staff. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated with the new style of Courtyard lobby. The room was ready when we got there and the bed was very comfortable. Everything in the room worked properly and the pool was completely clean. It was an indoor/outdoor combination where you can swim from inside to outside. We did not go I the water so I don't know what the temperature was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lavrunin
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

A nicely remodeled Courtyard Marriott nearby Busch Gardens. There is not much else right nearby, but Colonial Williamsburg with all its restaurants and shops is a few minutes away. The updated lobby is pleasant. Customer service was very good and service in the restaurant was generally good. The room was large and clean.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cleste01
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just checked out of the Courtyard on Friday morning and was so sad to leave! From the very first moment I walked in the door, Kaitlyn, the Operations Manager, was excellent! She helped me print my document for check-in and was very friendly. My mom even commented about how she liked that Kaitlyn came from around the front desk to hand us our room keys and thought that was very personable. After we checked into our room, which we loved, we had dinner in The Bistro. Shanise was very friendly and had a great personality. Our food was great and it was a great time for my mom and I as we usually don't get to get away without any kids/husbands. Kaitlyn was very helpful in the restaurant as well and I definitely recommend the three-cheese broccoli soup!

The next evening, Megan was working the front desk and helped us get fresh towels which my mom really wanted since we decided not to have housekeeping service that day. Megan really had a great personality and was really funny! As we were walking back to our room, my mom commented on how fresh the hotel smelled even though it was 11pm at night. We then were greeted by Deonte who was also very friendly and told us his secret ingredient to the fresh smelling hotel. I was very surprised for someone who was working so late cleaning the hotel to be as personable and friendly as Deonte was. Kudos to him and keep up the great work!

We were very surprised at how nice our room was. We stayed at another property for our last trip to Williamsburg and unfortunately didn't have as nice of accommodations so we will definitely be staying here from now on. The mini-fridge was a great size and I liked how the sink is separate from the shower so one of us could be getting ready at the sink/mirror and the other could be in the shower. I loved the updated decor and thought the beds were very comfy.

My mom and I came up to visit my brother and his wife and welcome their new baby. I think the hotel is great for women traveling by themselves as we felt safe in the parking lots and they are very well lit. You could also park right by several entrances which I thought was nice.

The whole staff made us feel right at home and really went out of their way. It is so hard to find good customer service these days and to find it in every employee that you encounter is really outstanding. Keep up the good work and we'll be back to visit often!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family