“Excellent room for the price!”

Econo Lodge Pottery
Ranked #59 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Excellent room for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a no-frills motel, but the location was great (right off Richmond Hwy), the rooms were very clean and roomy, the beds comfortable, good heat/air, and they offered a senior discount which made it highly affordable at about $46/night. There was a pretty sparse breakfast (coffee, cereal, milk, bread for toast, packaged muffins) but unexpected for the price.

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a non-smoking room...they did have rooms labeled "smoking"...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

My wife and I had visited family in Norfolk and were in Williamsburg to visit the Pottery Factory. This motel is conveniently located almost right across the street. We just needed a place to "rest our weary heads" and this motel fit the bill perfectly. We were checked in by a pleasant and efficient gentleman at the front desk, the rate was quite reasonable, and the room comfortable and clean. Not a fancy place, but lives up to the Econolodge reputation! The pottery factory itself, though, is a shadow of what it once was. The front desk clerk said it is to be completely rebuilt...I hope so,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were traveling to the Williamsburg area over the 4th of July. This motel was close to our family function. There is nothing fancy about this motel, but it is well-maintained and the rooms are clean. It was a great value since we were only there to shower and sleep.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

After reading the trip advisor reviews I decided to stay at this hotel. I was sorry once I arrived. I called ahead to make sure that I could get a room on the first floor as I was staying with two handicap people. I was told no problem and made the reservation at a reasonable rate. I arrived late on Friday, and when I asked for the first floor rooms, I was told it would be an extra $10/night becuase it was the weekend and rates go up. THis was ridiculous and seriously discriminating. I know it is illegal to charge handicap people a different rate!!!!! I was also asked to sign a form in a language I couldn't even recognize. WHen I made this known, I was told rudely that it was english. Once the man looked at the paper, he realized his mistake, but did not apologize. I will never stay here again!!!! Also, the continental breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ribbit181
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

I was disappointed in this motel after reading the decent reviews.

Checking into this motel was quick after making reservations online. Although not very pleasant nor was it easy to understand his English, the gentleman at the front desk was efficient.

We circled this motel about three times looking for our room number. As we were about to park and go ask the location of room 278, the gentleman came out and directed us. The room was on the second floor and down an unlit and dingy hallway with dirty carpet and walls. The location of the room was scary. We stayed in a room with a King bed but the room was super small. There was a clothes rack built into the wall on one side of the bed and, because the room was so small, it was difficult to maneuver around the rack to get in and out of the bed!

The bed and bath linens left much to be desired. There were holes in the pillowcases! In addition, the sheets did not fit right on the bed so my partner ended up sleeping directly on the mattress most of the night. The bathroom towels, if you want to call them towels, were thinner than any I've ever seen in my life.

We paid $122 for two nights which is a great rate but I'll go back to using Super 8 which is pretty much the same moneywise. I booked here mostly based on the tripadvisor reviews but I had a much different experience and the picture of my room was in no way similar to the pictures on the website. This place was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Location of room, bed & bath linens, size of room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MegInPhilly
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

Well Great Accomadations Clean And Cheap good motel, Here are your amenites with this motel- towels, daily housekeeping, 2 Bars of Soap and Some Shampoo, and An Alarm Clock thats it also you get a hairdryer so these are some 2 star amenites great value also free basic continental breakfast. I stayed here for 2 nights for busch gardens close to it.

• Liked — Convient to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank EastsideVirginia
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

I appreciate all the honest reviews for the various hotels on trip advisor. In the Williamsburg area, the rates ranged from $49 to $400 per night. I wanted something closer to the $49 range with a king size bed and no smoking. It was very hard to find. The reviews and websites were extremely helpful.

The Econo Lodge across from the Pottery Factory fit us to a tee. The picture on the website did not do it justice. The staff were friendly. The room was great....a 10. Wonderful king size bed, no smoking and the place was spotless and had a very clean smell to it. The only thing I had to complain about was the continental breakfast..it was lame and they were out of everything when we arrived at 9:00 AM. But, I didn't realize they had a breakfast anyway when I booked the place, so it didn't really matter.

I paid $55 a night which included an additional charge ($5) for the fridge....which looked brand new and did a great job of keeping our drinks ice cold and our leftovers ready for re-eating.

Another thing I found was the taxes and extra charges that all the hotels had....some of them were 18 percent.

I would highly recommend this place; however it is about 6 - 8 miles from downtown Williamsburg, but close to the pottery factory and outlets. It's right off of 64 about 5 minutes.

Stayed October 2007