“Nice quiet place to relax in between your vacation activities”

Wyndham Patriots Place
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The one-bedroom deluxe is more spacious then expected. Plenty of room for a family of 4 (our two boys shared the pullout couch). Not much for children other than a pool but you can travel a short distance to their other facilities for more kid-friendly activities as other reviewers have stated.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a 1st floor unit. So not to disturb those below you. The walls and floors...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Patriots Place

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. It was centrally located to everything we needed to do and see. It was easy to get around in the area. Property was clean and area was quiet. The unit was a great size and very clean. I loved taking a nice bubble bath in the garden size tub

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I just returned from PP yesterday and I was compelled to write a review because what I experiences was very inconsistent to the ratings and reviews at this site. I was already apprehensive about PP based on the insanely amazing rate I received and the ratings here. I was so nervous that I sent the other members of my party in first because I was just dreading the disappointment. Well, my worries were for nothing.

The grounds are beautiful. There are plenty of grills and benches throughout the area. It was really nice to see folks out walking and especially refreshing to see a teen girl lounging in a swing by the pond reading an old-fashioned book.....it just felt like a community, and I really appreciated that.

Yes, there is only one pool. It is nice and the pool area itself is nice. The kids had a great time there the first night. To be honest, after we went to Kingsgate they preferred swimming there because they could run from one the indoor to the outdoor pool. Kingsgate is really literally about a minute or less drive away, so its really not a big deal.

The unit we occupied was very nice. It was clean and I never saw any bugs. It was spacious and the bathroom was fairly large. I didn't know what to expect after reading some reviews about the size of the kitchenette. It is small but completely functional. There was even a dishwasher. It was fully stocked... even had an ice cream scoop. There is a small amount of counter space, but the dining table is right there and can be used for prepping.

The staff was very nice. I wasn't asked about a timeshare because I simply checked single and earned less than $39,000.....he gave me my parking permit without so much as a mention of a timeshare. I hated to lie but I'm not interested so why waste each other's time by going through the whole process.

This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it. I think a lot of the disappointed folks are used to more elaborate amenities. I like a resort that offers more to when I go somewhere like Orlando or anywhere that I've visited a few times and I plan to spend a day or two just lounging around the resort. So someone that is familiar with Willilamsburg and plan to spend a lot of time at the resort just may prefer Kingsgate or Governor's Green, but that in no way means that there is anything wrong with this resort. It's beautiful and far better than a 64 % rating.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank newtraveljunkie
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Sure...there is not much for kids to do...but we are hardly ever there because we went to see the local attractions during the day. They give you free passes to the other Wyndham time shares that are nearby to use the more kid friendly facilities....like arcade, movie theater, mini golf, etc. overall the staff was great...

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I remember visiting Patriot Place about 25 years ago, when we could not afford to purchase timeshare. Timeshares have come a long way since then, as we have invested well into Wyndham. Some parts of the country are all about going to the resort and enjoying those amenities. If you go to Williamsburg to enjoy resort amenities, then shame on you! There is entirely too much to do in that area to waste your time hanging around a resort whatever it is. Honestly, if I plan well enough in advance, we do stay at Governors Green. However, if that is not available, Patriots Place is our next choice.
Positives: Very clean, new renovations, nice pool and playground on site, however other activities are available at sister resort Kingsgate. Very convenient to Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country, Jamestown, Yorktown, Outlet Shopping. Internet is free and activities at Kingsgate are free! (If you stay at Kingsgate you have to pay $5 for the same thing). There is more space between buildings and a good chance that you will have a wooded view from your deck.
Negatives: These units will not be as large as most new timeshares and only 1 bedroom, suites and the combination of the two are available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very clean, nice, and spacious. It does have an outdoor pool, but that is it as far as activities go. We are used to more fun things to do at a resort for a time-share. I guess we are spoiled. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is your place!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lynsie_Y
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wyndham properties tend to be upscale & you expect that when you book into one. Wyndham has 3 resorts (combination Timeshare & Rental resorts) in Williamsburg within about a mile & a half of each other just off US60. Governor’s Green is their newest & best resort in Wburg & Kingsgate is not far behind. Patriot’s Place is their somewhat older & plainer sister. Some of the negative remarks about PPlace sound like folks who have come to expect the luxury of upscale Timeshares, but that does not mean the resort is not a very, very nice resort & a cut above the nicest hotels. Wyndham has spent a ton of money upgrading the PPlace units & yes, still have to deal with the landscaping to remove old eyesores. PPlace patrons have access to the other resorts because several of the amenities are not at PPlace, but at the other resorts.
Having said that, PPlace has a quiet charm not present at the other 2 busier, noisier resorts. PPlace is a lovely resort nicely nestled among the trees with an old village charm & appearance. The units are well maintained & attractive on the exterior & clean, quiet & comfortable on the interior. The staff is very polite, friendly & helpful. The location is ideal - close to the Historic area & most of Wburg’s other attractions. You are “invited” to attend a sales presentation, but there is no high pressure nagging like there is at many other resorts. If you are looking for a luxury resort with all sorts of on-site amenities this is probably not the place for you. But if you are looking for an attractive, quiet, nicely located place to stay near Historic Wburg & the other Wburg attractions, PPlace might just be the right place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple