“Still my favorite Wyndham property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Patriots Place

You added Wyndham Patriots Place to your Saves list
Wyndham Patriots Place
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   220 House of Burgesses Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Patriots' Place)   |
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frederick, MD
“Still my favorite Wyndham property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wyndham now has 3 great properties in Williamsburg, VA. My guess is most folks bypass the flagship Patriot's Place for its flashier siblings Governors Green and Kingsgate. Don't misunderstand me: the latter two are great, particularly for families, what with all the activites and such in their newer clubhouses.
Patriot's is a little faded these days-the hotel that sits on the land adjacent to the units is dark and empty, which is a little creepy. This property has two important things going for it, though: the wood-burning fireplaces and the people onsite. There's nothing like a crackling fire on a chilly winter night and this place allows you to bring your own duralogs in certain units.
Now- for the people: they are so very friendly and helpful-no matter what you ask of them. They phoned my first morning there just to make sure everything was as I had wished-nice touch. They were not at all pushy in trying to get me to go to a "free" breakfast while I was in town (this is how vacation ownership happens-they give you a nice breakfast and then try to sell you more time). When I ran out to my car and inadvertantly locked myself out of the unit-they were so kind about helping me out.
The bed was extremely comfortable (I slept 9 hours my first night there), and towels, etc were plentiful.

Room Tip: I liked buidling 6 with its fireplaces and vies of the woods.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ciaobla

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We just arrived home from a great week in Colonial Williamsburg and a relaxing stay at Patriot's Place. This is our 2nd stay at this resort and we still enjoy it. We had a large 1 bedroom with a smaller 1 bedroom lockoff unit for 2 couples. This is an ideal location for peace and quiet yet close to most of the desired activities. When travelling with children the sister resort at Kingsgate has just about everything they would need to keep them busy including a free movie theatre and is just a short drive away. We will stay here next year hopefully.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is best if you have trouble with stairs. The 1 bedroom for 4 people is larger and w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bykerdutch
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,766 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Patriots Place on a last minute deal through RCI. It was early November and there were few people at the resort making it very quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed our stay for a number of reasons. Great location about 5 minutes north of Colonial Williamsburg and set back from the road in a lovely setting. I-64 is only a few minutes north, making it easy to visit the rest of the Hampton Roads area. There were many dining and shopping options within a mile or two from the resort.

The unit was a large one bedroom with old fashioned furniture which was adequate and a very good queen sized bed. There was free wifi, 2 flat screen TVs, fully stocked kitchen, large bathroom with a gigantic tub and a separate shower. The unit has a working fireplace, a washer/dryer and a small balcony with a plesant view. The only negative is the hot water--it takes a few minutes of running the water for the water to be hot--it does eventually get hot, but it seems like a waste of water. The are few activities at the resort but you have access to activities at Kingsgate, a sister resort about a mile away.

We were not interested in any sales pitch and were not bothered about that during our stay. This resort fit our needs fine and we have already booked another stay in February.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pnemiller
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Patriot's Place. We stayed at Building 14 and had two units that housed 10 of us very well, six adults and 4 children. We ate almost all of our meals in our unit and had to borrow chairs from one unit so we could all eat together. The only complaint we had was the hot water, recently updated to an "on-demand" hot water heater. It worked horribly, until we figured out that we had to run two faucets in separate rooms to get it to work (then turn one off!). Very irritating, but other than that, the units were great, clean and spacious for all of us.

Room Tip: Very quiet place, wonderful playground for children. Beautiful grounds and close to Colonial Willia...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bunniej
Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I spent a week in Williamsburg and enjoyed our stay at Patriot's Place. We stayed in a "B" unit which is a small studio. The room was clean, but a little dated. The units have a Colonial appearance and form appears more important then function in the room layout. The bathroom was large and updated. It was close to many of the area attractions. A short walk brings you right to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitors Center. Less than a mile away from the resorts sister resorts which have many activities that can be used since Patriots Place does not have many scheduled activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank 2love2travel2003
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I used my Wyndham timeshare and stayed at the Patriot’s Place for a weekend visit to Williamsburg. My husband and I, along with another couple stayed in a one bedroom deluxe unit. The unit was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. We were out most for most our visit, so if you’re looking for a comfortable place for the weekend, I recommend Patriot’s Place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rhi21
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I just spent five days in Williamsburg.at the Wyndham's Patriot's Place. We had a one bedroom deluxe unit which featured a full kitchen , washer/dryer and a lovely balcony overlooking the woods. . Although there was no hot tub in the unit, there was a lovely over-sized bath tub.The staff was quite friendly and helpful with good dinner recommendations. The pool area was lovely and well supplied with towels. Although the resort did not have a fitness center,hot tub or indoor pool, these amenities were available at their sister resort Wyndham Kingsgate which is only a mile away. There is even a miniature golf course at Kingsgate. Patriot's Place is very conveniently located and near all major attractions in Williamsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple