“Inside voices, please!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
DC Metro Area
“Inside voices, please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed went for our anniversary vacation -- a do-over from last year's hurricane. The living quarter walls are paper-thin. We could here the family in the other unit all the time, even when we were trying to sleep-in. The location and swimming pool were nice. You will have to use the sister resort (5 minutes away) to enjoy true amenities. I decided to jog around the complex because I didn't want to drive to the other resort. The studio unit is very quaint. The kitchenette area is extremely small and the cabinets were awkward and hard to reach (though they provided a step stool). The did provide a mini-fridge since there under the counter fridge was only a size and a half larger than a large mini-fridge. Midweek linen changes and trash removal were nice...just wished they had cleaned the entire room, or at least the bathroom. Staff was courteous, and responsive to vacationers deciding to have their small dog 'exercise' in the pool. Yuck!

2 Thank ClassyJetsetter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I have been here a few times since we first started coming to Williamsburg for vacations and the stays have always been okay.We booked it through RCI's Extra Vacations which means we paid cash for the week rather than using one of our spacebanked time share weeks.We were a little nervous when we read some of the recent reviews about mice in some of the units and and aggressive and pushy time share sales attempts but we only saw one spider in the very clean room and did not get bugged about the time share presentation probably because we checked in at 8:30 in the evening on 09/01.The grounds are well kept and Wyndham has made a few positive changes since they took over from Fairfield.We had a studio unit which was fine since it was just two of us.The bed was comfortable and it had a mini kitchen with a small electric stove,mini refrigerator and a microwave oven.They use tankless heaters for hot water so you have to let the water run for a few minutes before it gets hot.There are no amenites other than the pool but you can go to the sister resorts,Governor's Green or Kingsgate if you feel like taking a short drive to them.All in all it was a nice and quiet vacation for a middle aged couple but there was quite a bit of traffic because of the Labor Day weekend and the Williamsburg Premium Outlet Mall was packed on Labor Day because of the sales but when we went back a day later it was peaceful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank poconohall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had a very memorable vacation at the Wyndham- I had been traveling for three weeks with my kids and found this resort a perfect place to relax for my last week. The staff was wonderful, attentive and willing to assist. Special mention to Kris and Maria Perez, who were so friendly and a pleasure to deal with. The location was convenient to everything- restaurants, attractions, shopping, tours etc. The gardens were well-kept and the grounds, clean and maintained properly. Housekeeping was quick to respond and very courteous .

Would not think of staying anywhere else on my next trip to Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Zen62
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family stayed here over the labor day holiday. I booked a 2 bedroom unit to travel with my husband, my father and my father's girlfriend. We were very pleased to be given a "lock off" unit so that each couple had a living and kitchen area. This worked great for us since we have not traveled together before and gave us space while still being able to be together. The unit was clean and well supplied and near all of the major attractions. We look forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sthompsen
Fort Washington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a very nice resort. I obtained it through through RCI exchange. It's well kept, with up to date appliances.I was really wreary about going when I read the reviews about inside of the property. To my surprise, it was well kept. The staff were really helpful and friendly. I wasn't aware that there was a $100 hold placed on your credit card. I didn't know that until I checked in. I know hotels usually imprint your credit card, but not to the extent to a $100 hold. We checked out on the August 19th and still haven't been credited the $100.

The were a couple of issues that I had. One, was that there weren't many activities for small children. In order to use the indoor/outdoor pool, you had to go to their sister resort which was Wyndham Kingsgate. It wasn't that long of a drive but who wants to have to drive for activities? And the timeshare presentation. Their representatives, well the one that I had, was extremely aggressive. I understand the whole timeshare business and didn't want to need to purchase another timeshare. The representative didn't seem to understand that I didn't want another one. Instead of it being 90 mins, it turned into 3 hours; which was extremely frustrating.

The first night I really didn't feel safe because there weren't any locks on the door to the building. Anyone can come in at any time and no one would know. Another thing was the parking. If you weren't in your unit by 9:30pm, you had to park far away. The parking lot wasn't well lit so I found it very dangerous walking to about 50 feet, with an infant and toddler, to my unit.

It wasn't too far from Richmond Ave, which have all the restaurants and the Prime Outlets. I love to shop so being that close to it was fine.

In all, this is a very nice resort for couples. You'll enjoy a nice and quiet time there!

Room Tip: make sure you return to your unit before 9:30pm.
2 Thank Snadillac
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Given a preference of the three Wyndham resorts (Governors Green, Kingsgate and Patriots Place) I would choose the other two over Patriot's Place. Guests staying at Patriots are allowed to use the amenities at the other Wyndham resorts. Patriots place, other than a nice outdoor pool, does not offer many amenities. For the family Kingsgate offer the most but does charge $5.00 per day for their use. For some reason Patriot Place guests don't seem to be charged for using Kinsgate amenities. We stayed in a 1 bedroom 'A' lockoff. The kitchen, while adequate, was small. The bathroom had a seperate tub and shower. The shower was very small. The washer/dryer was also located in the bathroom. I found the bed very comfortable but the overall furnture was dated and scratched and/or worn. The unit had a musty smell which minimized slightly when the A/C was turned on. I also thought the sofa bed in the living room had a slight odor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Not once during our stay were we bothered to attend a sales pitch. We were asked once during checkin and afterwards were not asked again. For those who like grilling there are grills and picnic tables at various spots on the property.

1 Thank divearnd
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was a very convenient place to stay while visiting Williamsburg. The staff was polite and our studio rental was very clean. I would probably not choose a studio again because there was just not enough room in the kitchen section to do any cooking. Very limited space.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family