“3rd place out of the three Wyndham resorts”

Wyndham Patriots Place
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Pennsylvania
“3rd place out of the three Wyndham resorts”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Given a preference of the three Wyndham resorts (Governors Green, Kingsgate and Patriots Place) I would choose the other two over Patriot's Place. Guests staying at Patriots are allowed to use the amenities at the other Wyndham resorts. Patriots place, other than a nice outdoor pool, does not offer many amenities. For the family Kingsgate offer the most but does charge $5.00 per day for their use. For some reason Patriot Place guests don't seem to be charged for using Kinsgate amenities. We stayed in a 1 bedroom 'A' lockoff. The kitchen, while adequate, was small. The bathroom had a seperate tub and shower. The shower was very small. The washer/dryer was also located in the bathroom. I found the bed very comfortable but the overall furnture was dated and scratched and/or worn. The unit had a musty smell which minimized slightly when the A/C was turned on. I also thought the sofa bed in the living room had a slight odor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Not once during our stay were we bothered to attend a sales pitch. We were asked once during checkin and afterwards were not asked again. For those who like grilling there are grills and picnic tables at various spots on the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank divearnd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
MA
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was a very convenient place to stay while visiting Williamsburg. The staff was polite and our studio rental was very clean. I would probably not choose a studio again because there was just not enough room in the kitchen section to do any cooking. Very limited space.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have previously stayed at other Wyndham facilities in Williamsburg: Governor's Green and Kingsgate. However, we booked our latest trip just a few weeks out (last minute trip), and we were only able to get a 1-bedroom unit at Patriot's Place.

Although the facility is 25 years old, the grounds are well maintained, and our unit was clean. The decor was average. There are 2 styles of 1-bedroom units: standard and deluxe. If you have more than a party of 2, and do not plan on using the kitchen(ette), you will be fine in the standard size room. The deluxe 1-bedroom is twice the size, and has a full kitchen PLUS a washer/dryer in the unit.

The one thing I did not like about this particular resort was the noise. We could not hear the people upstairs from us; but we could always hear the family that was adjoined (lock-off unit) to us. We could hear them loading the dishwasher, talking, I even heard their timer go off for dinner tonight. They were obviously having Italian for dinner as our unit was overcome with the smell of garlic.

The customer service was wonderful. Our door was not unlocking properling, and I called. They had someone to our unit in less than 5 minutes. When we came back from spending the day at Busch Gardens, the lock had bee repaired with a notice of work completed. I was impressed!

So, if you ask me would I stay here again. Well, that depends. If it's a deluxe 1-bedroom unit, yes, I would. However, I would much rather prefer to stay at Kingsgate or Governor's Green, as their amenities such as the pool, clubhouse, game room and putt-putt course make the stay more fun. You do have access to those facilities; but who wants to drive back and forth, especially if you are wet from the pool, etc.

Hope this review helped.

We LOVE Williamsburg! Hope you enjoy your trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Canton, MA
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Overall we had a very nice week in a 1 bedroom deluxe.

Pros: gorgeous grounds, helpful staff, clean pool with plenty of umbrellas, towels and seating, excellent location near Colonial Williamsburg and lots of good restaurant options, clean

Cons: musty smell when entering the unit, very old appliances, old and lumpy sofa, mice in the kitchen

I didn't notify the office about the mice since reading several reviews here that said the office did nothing to alleviate the problem. However, I did see mouse droppings in some kitchen drawers on a few mornings.

Overall impression is that it is an older development but it is generally well maintained. I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price we got.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trinchick
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a nice resort that is close to everything. The rooms were very clean and stocked with new appliances.The complaints I had was I felt it was poor floor planning. The one bedroom unit has a stall shower and toilet off of the bedroom, however it has a washer and dryer right next to the toilet which I thought was strange. I washed towels and it took 3 to 4 hours to dry. We were on the second floor so maybe that was why or possibly the dryer vents were blocked. There was heat coming out but was not drying clothes. It also took forever to get hot water because of the tankless water heater and it was annoying. They also had another sink and tub/shower on the other side of the door but shower heads did not provide good water pressure. I also think the bedroom could have used a ceiling fan because it got warm and stuffy during the night.This resort does not have a fitness center or recreation center. You will have to drive to Kingsgate for that. The pool area is just average. All in all it is nice but not a fun resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnsonVacation2011
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Pros: nice TV in living room, wi-fi, nice size 1 bedroom deluxe, located close to Williamsburg attractions

Cons: smells musty, bad lighting and bland walls, slow operating commode, broken toilet tissue holder, high pitch constant ringing (did not bother me since I am 46 years old but it did bother my daughter who is 19), furniture and bathroom fixtures need updating, older TV in bedroom (remote needed back cover), and the sales pitch is VERY strong and will take way more than the 45 minutes that they promise you. If you do not own property or do not want to upgrade then it may be best to skip this and save precious vacation time (2.5 plus hours) with your family.

Kings Gate and Governor's Green are much better Wyndam properties.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FunRelaxationJoy

Travelers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2012

no mice, no garbage, lots of space to move around. Downside is the pool is warm, too warm, and towels are gone by mid-afternoon. Wait until evening and they will refill the supply. Hindsight says we should have tried to get into Wyndham Kingsgate (almost walking distance) to have all the activities right there, but we had a good time, a good room, and kitchen was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family