Wyndham Patriots Place
Country Inn
$151
$134
Hampton.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$225
  • Pool
$120
$107
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
$139
$125
Official Website
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$169
$199
Hotels.com
$439
Official Website
All reviewsbedroom deluxetankless waterkings gatecolonial williamsburgwasher dryersmaller unitfull kitchenoutdoor poolsales pitchhot waterbusch gardensstand up showersmall balconyconvenient place to stayworking fireplacediscounted ticketsnice size
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Before flying to the US, I made a call to Wyndham Patriots’ Place after reading the reviews on the resort, some of which complained about the apartments being noisy. I had already booked a double bedroom unit through RCI and wanted to rest assured that noise would not be an issue. I travelled with a friend and we are both extremely noise sensitive, particularly at night. The member of staff on the other side of the phone immediately guaranteed an apartment on the first floor would do the job and, in fact, it did. We would not have children jumping around over our heads.
The apartments at Patriots Place are housed in low-key architectural style buildings spread all over the condo property and offer the warmth and comfortable feel of home, retaining the charm of Colonial Williamsburg. The kitchen equipment in our unit provided everything one might need if you are a cooking enthusiast. The living room stood adjacent to the dining-room, giving the real impression of a homely atmosphere. The accommodations are all non-smoking and the room amenities include TV with premium television channels, DVD and air conditioning. We experienced a slight problem with the room lights and maintenance was immediately sent over to assist us.
The resort is about 1 mile away from the historical area and the nearby Bypass Road offers a variety of restaurants. A few miles further west are a range of pavilion shops and the Williamsburg Premium Outlets.
In my view, the resort is ideal for people who love quiet environments. The staff were friendly, courteous and efficient on checking in and out of the resort. For me, probably one of the downsides is that there is no free wireless internet. However, overall our experience was very positive and I would definitely recommend the resort for anyone visiting Colonial Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor apartment, if you are noise-sensitive.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank MariaCB
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I was afraid at first because of the reviews. My friend and I checked in late and they were waiting up. They were nice but were quick with us instead of taking their time to answer questions, even the next day. However, the accommdations were nice and the people are friendly. The surrounding were quiet and everything from Colonial Williamsburgs Tours, Virginia Beach, restuarants and other sightseeing attractions were within minutes from Patriots Place. I would go back to stay at this hotel condo. It was a nice experience.

Room Tip: in the back
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlreadyTakenMd
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed here for two extra nights over Labor Day weekend after staying at The Colonies at Williamsburg. Our room smelled very musty, although hurricane Irene had passed through the previous weekend. The worst part was the very LOUD transmittal of footsteps from the floor above. We complained to the front desk but they did not seem to really care. If you stay here, request the second floor and not the ground floor. The room itself felt somewhat dated, especially with the older style TV sets. The property only had one basic outdoor pool, no indoor or hot tub. Guests were allowed to use the Wyndham at Kingsgate which had many more amenities, although it was a mile away. If you are going to use this resort as a hotel at a bargain nightly rate, and stay on the second floor, it is probably worthwhile. But there are much nicer resorts in Williamsburg if you are exchanging a timeshare for the week...

Room Tip: Request a second floor room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mcgeggy
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at this property with extended family, so we had connecting units on the first floor. The location was excellent for Colonial Williamsburg, and Busch Gardens. The rooms were nicely decorated, and the kitchens well equipped. The fold-out beds were fairly comfortable, for fold-out beds. There was quite a bit of storage space, but not enough seating room for all of us. The bathrooms were lovely, especially in the larger unit; it had the soaker tub. We did have issues with the shower in the smaller unit; the pull for the shower spouted water like a fountain. It was nice to have the washing machine in the larger unit, but it only did small loads, so it was just as easy to use the larger washing and dryer down the hall. The property is well cared for, and pretty quiet. The pool is on the small side, and was rather warm when we were there. We also took advantage of the amenities at the Kingsgate property like the gym, mini-golf, and adult pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank godjess76
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Resort was nice, check in was fast & the staff was friendly. The grounds were kept clean, the unit had everything we needed, looked like some of the items were new & some of the unit was remodeled. My only two complaints was that there was no free wi-fi, so I let my kids use my smartphone when they needed it. Second complaint was the sofa beds, we did not need them since we rented a 2 bedroom unit. (2 single units with a locking door in between). The sofa cushions were flat & I pulled out a sofa bed to check it out & the mattress was flat. I would suggest bringing a air mattress if your going to use the sofa bed. Overall the resort is quiet & relaxing & close to everything. The pool is on the small side but there is a sister resort within a 3 to 4 minute drive with a much larger pool & jacuzzi. I would not mind staying here again, the kids enjoyed having their own unit.

Room Tip: Not all units have a washer & dryer, so check before you reserve, if that's important to you
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family