$124
$119
Hampton.com
$135
$130
Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$123
$109
GardenInn.com
$152
$134
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$126
$129
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$196
$189
Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront deskbedroom suitea pet friendly hotelgeneral storebusch gardensbagelsrichmond roadsitting roombeds were comfortableoutlets
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We typically stay at Residence Inns when we travel as we are Marriott Points owners and have Gold rewards status. This location is very friendly, and I appreciated the prompt housekeeping service for extra towels and pillows. It is pet friendly and at one point for a few minutes the stupid dog across the hall was barking but it did stop. I've had issues with pets at other hotels and in the future I will ask to stay away from pets anywhere I go. If there had ever been pets staying in our room prior to us I certainly wouldn't have known it as there was no evidence of hair or smell. This was our second stay here and we will stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Saggybeach_6
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Just got back from a 5 day stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Williamsburg, Va. We had a great time, as usual. The friendliness staff I've ever seen. Everyone seems like they love their jobs. Staff would stop you in the hall and ask if there was anything you needed or that they could do. Full course breakfast in the morning, not a continental and it was delicious. Plenty to choose from. Housekeeping staff were friendly and kept out room cleaned. Great value for the money. Wonderful place to take pets. It is located right in the middle of all the good restaurants within walking distance of many. We always stay there when we go to Williamsburg. Spacious rooms and very comfortable. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor if you have a dog. Easy to take out.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2017

We stayed on a Sunday night in mid-August while visiting Williamsburg. My husband is a rewards member and had been notified that we had points to use or they would expire, so we decided to book a rewards stay here since he had enough points.

Where to start? We checked in around 9:45pm. Our room was on the 3rd floor at the farthest point away from the elevators. When we walked in, immediately we noticed several things:
1. The couch was so incredibly filthy and stained that we were afraid to use the sofa bed in the main room. We ended up putting our two older kids in one of the queen beds, and we slept in the other one with our 4 year old, rather than run the risk that the sheets under the cushions were just as disgusting. Looking at the stains on that couch made me question how clean the rest of the room was, which is gross.
2. There was no luggage rack anywhere in the room or the sitting room. We were forced to clear off the desk in the main room and open our suitcases there.
3. The bedroom had no accessible outlets for charging anything. We had to plug in our phones in the outer room, which was inconvenient since we use our phones for music at night for our kids.
4. We only had two sets of towels in the room. So, 2 queen beds, only 2 sets of towels. Made absolutely no sense at all.
5. There was no ice machine anywhere in the hotel. We wanted to fill the bottom of our cooler with ice in the morning so that we could keep fruit and some bottles of water cold during the day, since we were checking out. We had to take our cooler to the front desk and one of the gentlemen on the staff took it and filled it for us. I have never, until this, stayed in a hotel where there are no public ice machines.
6. The shower in our room was moldy and the tub was chipped.
7. Overall, the room felt "dirty", "tired", and in need of a deep clean and/or remodel.

A few things saved this hotel from being a total loss:
1. The staff. Very helpful, nice and accommodating.
2. The breakfast was well stocked with a variety of choices, including protein choices. We were able to make peanut butter and jelly bagels for our kids to eat later on since they didn't eat much at breakfast. There was a water dispenser with the juice and we were able to fill some water bottles with cold water.

And, that's about it. VERY underwhelmed that we spent 35,000 points to stay here. Every Residence Inn we have ever stayed in has been clean and well appointed, and this was a TOTAL disappointment. We did not ask to switch rooms because 1) we checked in late, 2) we were exhausted, and 3) we did not want to move a cart around from room to room all night while we looked for an acceptable room. I did report the condition of the room to front desk staff in the morning, who said they would look in to it. Honestly, I felt like we were put in that room because we booked on rewards points and they knew it was crappy, but since we weren't paying customers, they figured we could just deal. Disappointing from Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
bscheiner, Regional Vice Presidnet of Operations at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Good Morning,

Previously I responded to your concerns for the Springhill Suites. Once again, please accept my apology for the issues surrounding your stay. I have shared your feedback with the entire hotel team and the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that all of these issues are corrected as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit these comments and for being a loyal Marriott Guest.

Bob Scheiner

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Visited this hotel with our grandkids for a five night stay. Hotel was clean but definitely in need of some organization. Breakfast foods were not kept ready, often, eggs, waffle mix not available. Had to request five towel sets for the five of us each day. The kitchen countertop was rarely cleared or cleaned. The "hot tub" was about the same temp as the pool. There were pool noodles for the kids but really should have been disposed and replaced, or no noodles as all. The staff was friendly and did attempt to help resolve our concerns. Yes, I would give this hotel another chance but only because of the attentive staff.

Room Tip: No recommendations
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
bscheiner, Regional Vice President of Operations at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Springhill Suites, I am the Regional Vice President of Operations and make a point each morning of reading all the guest comments from all of my 12 hotels.

I am sharing your feedback with the hotel team members as well as the General Manager as the issues you bring to our attention should not take place. Please accept my apology for the lack of towels, inconsistencies with the breakfast foods, and the lack of sufficient towels in your room.

Once again, thank you for submitting these comments as it is only with the needed feedback from our guests can we continue to improve the hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Stayed for a family reunion because we had our family pet.Rooms were dirty. There was no body wash, or shampoo, and every day I needed to ask the hotel for towels for our family. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you need a Pet friendly location
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
bscheiner, Regional Vice Presidnet of Operations at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Residence Inn Williamsburg. I am the Regional Vice President of Operations and make a point each morning of reading all the guest comments from all 12 of my hotels.

Please accept my apology for an insufficient amount of grooming supplies in your room. I am sharing your feedback with the General Manager as well as the Executive Housekeeper to ensure this was an isolated issues and will not happen again in the future.

Once again, thank you for submitting this review. All reviews are extremely valuable to us in our goal to improve the hotel each and every day.

Bob Scheiner