We checked in at about 5 pm on July 6. Check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was pleasant. Asked if an update was possible and were immediately accommodated with a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is what you'd expect for this type of hotel, it was free. The eggs were tasteless and only one choice of meat (turkey Canadian bacon) but, did I mention, it was free. Make your own waffles and tasty muffins were good. Cereal for the kids, breads and bagels, some unappetizing looking potatoes, but did I mention it was free? There are trays you can use to bring your food back to your room, which was nice. No big lines to deal with to get your food. No waiting for elevators (which was a big issue at our last hotel) An outside pool that my granddaughter really enjoyed, although it looks like the upper part of the pool could use some cleaning (mold/mildew in grout area). The room was quiet, clean and we had two restful nights. The towels were fluffy and absorbent. The tub does have some small area in the corner with mildew looking black but not anything you have to touch. I am a clean freak and this did not bother me. But I do think they need to figure out a way to get rid of this sort of thing. We saw several dogs while we were checking in and throughout our stay but they must have been in rooms away for ours because we were never bothered by barking. The hallways have a slight smell to them. It is a large property and I was very surprised that the breakfast was not over crowded. Overall, for this caliber of property (middle of the road) it was what I expected. It was not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but certainly not the worst. I would probably not stay here if we ever visit again unless the price is right. If you are on a budget and conserving $ is your thing, want a comfortable place to stay, this is a good choice. One note, the pull out sofa is not comfortable for anyone but kids. And only kids that can sleep on anything. This is true of both of the Residence Inns where we recently stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Williamsburg is the premier long-term, pet-friendly hotel in Williamsburg. Located in the heart of Williamsburg on acres of green space, we are adjacent to a local recreation center, park and community walking trail allowing our guest to enjoy the normal pace of life while on business or pleasure. Also within walking distance are numerous restaurants, shopping and local attractions. Our breakfast buffet is offered 7 days a week and includes all the favorites from home made waffles to eggs and bacon. We also have a wonderful social hour Tuesday through Thursday that offers the guest a light dinner or dessert to finish off their day. Our modern accommodations include in-room stainless steel appliances (refrigerators, microwaves, cook tops, ovens and dishwashers), granite countertops in kitchen and bath updated living room furniture, large work station and new bedding. The Residence Inn Williamsburg provides all the comforts of home with the luxury of up-scale accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Residence Inn