New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn Williamsburg

Residence Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Norton Shores, Michigan
“Decent room, good location, comfortable beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked in at about 5 pm on July 6. Check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was pleasant. Asked if an update was possible and were immediately accommodated with a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is what you'd expect for this type of hotel, it was free. The eggs were tasteless and only one choice of meat (turkey Canadian bacon) but, did I mention, it was free. Make your own waffles and tasty muffins were good. Cereal for the kids, breads and bagels, some unappetizing looking potatoes, but did I mention it was free? There are trays you can use to bring your food back to your room, which was nice. No big lines to deal with to get your food. No waiting for elevators (which was a big issue at our last hotel) An outside pool that my granddaughter really enjoyed, although it looks like the upper part of the pool could use some cleaning (mold/mildew in grout area). The room was quiet, clean and we had two restful nights. The towels were fluffy and absorbent. The tub does have some small area in the corner with mildew looking black but not anything you have to touch. I am a clean freak and this did not bother me. But I do think they need to figure out a way to get rid of this sort of thing. We saw several dogs while we were checking in and throughout our stay but they must have been in rooms away for ours because we were never bothered by barking. The hallways have a slight smell to them. It is a large property and I was very surprised that the breakfast was not over crowded. Overall, for this caliber of property (middle of the road) it was what I expected. It was not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but certainly not the worst. I would probably not stay here if we ever visit again unless the price is right. If you are on a budget and conserving $ is your thing, want a comfortable place to stay, this is a good choice. One note, the pull out sofa is not comfortable for anyone but kids. And only kids that can sleep on anything. This is true of both of the Residence Inns where we recently stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. If you need two beds don't count on the pull out sofa for a comfortable sle...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and want to let you know we are looking into the issues you brought to our attention. I hope that you would choose to stay with us again on your next visit to WIlliamsburg, VA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a two bedroom July 2 thru the 5th with my husband and my 9,7 and 1 year old. It was the most pleasant experience I've had in a hotel. The staff was so nice. The kids had fun in the pool and basket ball court and they enjoyed making the waffles in the morning. The room was cleaned beautifully every day. Trust me you will be happy here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking teh time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are certainly lucky to have newly renovated properties and such wonderful staff. Hope that you choose Residence Inn the next time you are in Williamsburg.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I are in the process of moving to Williamsburg for a job relocation. We had a rental fall through and need a place to stay until we can find a new rental home. We've been here for 1 month so far with a great experience. Very pet friendly. Great staff and very clean. I think the breakfast could be a little better, but its still good and available everyday. They even offer "socials" through the week for dinner. Sometimes a lite meal, others dessert. Housekeeping does a great job, even with working around our two larger dogs. Beds are pretty nice, lots of pillows. The hotel is fairly updated, with granite countertops and such. The mini kitchen has been perfect for us, especially for a long term stay. Sal at the front desk is insanely friendly! We just love him, when hes not here my husband notices right away, lol. Its across the street from a ball park and play area for kids. Behind Chili's, Ice cream store and Applebee's. Really good location. Overall I would reccomend to anyone staying in the Williamsburg area. Great hotel!

Room Tip: We are on the first floor which is great for the dogs, but can have hallway noise. Laundry is on flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessy,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We have enjoyed having you and your husband and pets stay with us. I remember the day you stopped by looking for a place. I have passed along your kind words to our staff and hope that your house hunting goes well. Welcome to Williamsburg, Virginia!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

With a family of four, with two teenaged sons, we often end up getting two rooms at a hotel. We found the Residence Inn to be cheaper for a suite than two rooms and much nicer! We were greeted by Sal when we arrived and he was very welcoming and personable and checked us in promptly!
The two bedrooms in our suite were spacious, the kitchenette and living room area were larger than I expected. The accommodations are very nice and close to many restaurants and attractions. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return on your next visit to Williamsburg, VA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with our 4 young kids for 5 nights. This was our first visit to Williamsburg & we decided to extend our stay, however, the hotel had not reserved our room for the extra night & we had to change to a smaller room for the final night. Had it not been for this I wound have given a better score.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lainey I am so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed our spacious rooms. I am sorry that we were unable to extend your stay for another night in the same room type. We often sellout during the peak seasons. Please come and stay with us again the next time you are in Williamsburg, VA.
Outer Banks, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of places in Williamsburg and am always looking for a clean, modern, family friendly place that does not cost $$$$. I finally found it. From checkin to checkout, I have no complaints and I am very particular. Super friendly and helpful staff, great maid service, beautiful rooms, comfy beds, clean, clean, clean. Kids loved the pool, free breakfast was great. I just can't recommend this place enough. I will definitely be back, without a doubt.
You can also save a lot of money with their fully appointed kitchens by bringing your own food. Full size fridge, microwave, cooktop and dishwasher.

Room Tip: It is a full size coffee pot available with filter packs. If you prefer your own coffee as I do, br...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy, what more can a General Manager ask for than your kind words. I am glad you were so delighted with your accommodations. We aim to please and we love our rooms. I hope that you are able to make it back to Williamsburg, VA soon and visit with us again. Thank you again.
Chesapeake Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked in on a late Friday evening for one night stay and the front desk attendant was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was fast and smooth, and was even offered first or second floor room. Room was a one room suite with 2 beds. Room was big enough for my son & myself, and even a family of four if needed. Room had a kitchen area, which if we where staying more than one night would have been great. The breakfast in the morning was the normal but was nice and the area was large and clean. Overall, I would def. stay here again for one night or more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mypookie3
We often host sporting events and I am glad your team was able to stay with us. We love our youth. I am happy that you and your son enjoyed the rooms and hope that you are able to return and stay more than just one night. We look forward to having you return.