“This will now be my hotel of choice when in Williamsburg!”

Residence Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Outer Banks, NC
“This will now be my hotel of choice when in Williamsburg!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of places in Williamsburg and am always looking for a clean, modern, family friendly place that does not cost $$$$. I finally found it. From checkin to checkout, I have no complaints and I am very particular. Super friendly and helpful staff, great maid service, beautiful rooms, comfy beds, clean, clean, clean. Kids loved the pool, free breakfast was great. I just can't recommend this place enough. I will definitely be back, without a doubt.
You can also save a lot of money with their fully appointed kitchens by bringing your own food. Full size fridge, microwave, cooktop and dishwasher.

Room Tip: It is a full size coffee pot available with filter packs. If you prefer your own coffee as I do, br...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Amy, what more can a General Manager ask for than your kind words. I am glad you were so delighted with your accommodations. We aim to please and we love our rooms. I hope that you are able to make it back to Williamsburg, VA soon and visit with us again. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Chesapeake Beach
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked in on a late Friday evening for one night stay and the front desk attendant was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was fast and smooth, and was even offered first or second floor room. Room was a one room suite with 2 beds. Room was big enough for my son & myself, and even a family of four if needed. Room had a kitchen area, which if we where staying more than one night would have been great. The breakfast in the morning was the normal but was nice and the area was large and clean. Overall, I would def. stay here again for one night or more.

1 Thank mypookie3
We often host sporting events and I am glad your team was able to stay with us. We love our youth. I am happy that you and your son enjoyed the rooms and hope that you are able to return and stay more than just one night. We look forward to having you return.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am always impressed by the residence and this one was no different. Stayed with the family in a 2 bedroom suite. It was very comfortable, nice and clean. The service was great, very friendly and helpful staff.

1 Thank travellerTrader
Thank you for taking the time to review our Residence Inn. We appreciate the great review and are glad you enjoyed your stay in our 2-Bedrooms suite. We take pride in our accommodations and all the rooms have to offer. Thank you again.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We are here for a wedding and upon arrival, our room was nor ready and the hotel clerk did not want us to have to wait; so we were upgraded to a larger room for sake price. What a way to get me back here in the future! I visit Williamsburg twice a year
(summer and Christmas), and have never stayed here. I will be back! Cleaning staff provided extra towels and bath cloths. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. I am enjoying the fitness center as well. Everything is neat and clean.

• Stayed June 2013
We host many weddings and always love to hear feedback on our hotel. I am so glad we were able to get you checked-in and upgraded. We love our newly renovated rooms and our proximity to the historic Williamsburg area and amusement parks. Hope to see you again soon (Christmas time?!).
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are a family of 5. Having a room with 2 doubles and a pull out couch is nice. We stayed for 5 nights. Staff is friendly. Not fancy but clean enough. There is a Springhill Suites across the parking lot with free breakfast as well. We chose the Residence Inn because of the separate bedroom, full kitchen, and they have a Managers Reception Mon.-Wed. Evening. Although if Springhill were a lot cheaper I would probably stay there. The Managers reception will save you some $ on dinner if staying there during the week. It isn't fabulous but edible. There are grocery stores close by.
They only put 3 bath towels in the room so we had to ask for extra towels every day which they gladly got for us. The only thing I really disliked was the fact that on most days my shower was lukewarm at best any colder and it would have been down right uncomfortable. Never had a HOT shower the whole time we were there. Good value for a family of 5 and we would stay here again.
Pros
Full kitchen with a toaster, fridge, stove top and dishes/utensils plus a grill to use outside
Bedroom separate from kitchen/living room area
2 flat screen tvs:HBO
Free breakfast: scrambled eggs,cereal,yogurt,oatmeal,juice,milk, coffee,make your own waffles,thefy would rotate some extra like biscuits and gravy, breakfast sandwiches,potatoes,sausage/turkey Canadian bacon
Good location: close to everything and places to eat(Chilis and Applebee's in the parking lot)
Outdoor pool/hot tub
Basketball court: they have balls at the front desk
Free parking
Free Internet

1 Thank Lv2travel456
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed there for one night last month - it was perfect for my husband & I and our son. Everyone (staff) was so super friendly! They went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Our key initally didn't work so we walked back to have it re-programmed, which wasn't a big deal, but a staff member personally walked with us back to our room to make sure it worked the second time. We had everything we needed...kitchenette, sitting room, bedroom & bath. The breakfast in the morning was nice too. Great location and easy to get around. Would go back again if we needed to. Not the newest facility, but clean and just what we needed.

Room Tip: They had a rowdy group at the pool that night, but the party seemed to be dispersing by 2200 when we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nielmala
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kid words and look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We take pride in our customer service and our newly renovated property.
Oakton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I really did not want to like this hotel because the check in process was rude and frustrating. But once I got through that, the rooms are nice (full kitchens and a sitting area), the location is great, and while it's on a busy road - it's set back a ways so no street noise. Free breakfast was one of the worse I've had. Outside pool was not open when I was there - but looks like nice space, Outside areas also had a grill for all to use and a sport court/basketball area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family