A pleasant arrival after a long trip, put in a room next to a barking dog, asked to be moved, then put in a room below the barking dog. Decided to live with it, hotel looked crowded. Awoken at 1130PM to noise outside out room (which faced the non-functioning outdoor pool), looked out the window and found staff setting up chairs for a very large, very noisy school group. I get it, school groups visit Williamsburg, but really, at 1130? In go the ear plugs. Breakfast was ok, not a great selection but typical and adequate for this type of property. Checked out and realized several hours later that I had left some clothes in the closet. Immediately called hotel and got the person who checked us in. Please hold. No, can't find it, sorry. No offer to get in touch if it turns up, no sorry, no can I take your address or info. Emailed manager who had emailed me asking about the stay. I'll look into it. Several days, any update? No, still interviewing people. Several weeks, any update? No, sorry its lost.
I get it, my fault, I left it there. What was so disappointing was the lack of concern/care on the part of staff and management. Just sorry, can't find it. I travel VERY extensively for business, have left things in the past, sometimes I get them back, sometimes not, I've never experienced the kind of indifference that I did in this case, and this is comparing 5 star to value hotels.
In all a typical value for family oriented suite hotels. Convenient, clean. But with so many other options, I'd pick someplace else to stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Williamsburg is the premier long-term, pet-friendly hotel in Williamsburg. Located in the heart of Williamsburg on acres of green space, we are adjacent to a local recreation center, park and community walking trail allowing our guest to enjoy the normal pace of life while on business or pleasure. Also within walking distance are numerous restaurants, shopping and local attractions. Our breakfast buffet is offered 7 days a week and includes all the favorites from home made waffles to eggs and bacon. We also have a wonderful social hour Tuesday through Thursday that offers the guest a light dinner or dessert to finish off their day. Our modern accommodations include in-room stainless steel appliances (refrigerators, microwaves, cook tops, ovens and dishwashers), granite countertops in kitchen and bath updated living room furniture, large work station and new bedding. The Residence Inn Williamsburg provides all the comforts of home with the luxury of up-scale accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Residence Inn