“A disappointing ending” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“A disappointing ending”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

A pleasant arrival after a long trip, put in a room next to a barking dog, asked to be moved, then put in a room below the barking dog. Decided to live with it, hotel looked crowded. Awoken at 1130PM to noise outside out room (which faced the non-functioning outdoor pool), looked out the window and found staff setting up chairs for a very large, very noisy school group. I get it, school groups visit Williamsburg, but really, at 1130? In go the ear plugs. Breakfast was ok, not a great selection but typical and adequate for this type of property. Checked out and realized several hours later that I had left some clothes in the closet. Immediately called hotel and got the person who checked us in. Please hold. No, can't find it, sorry. No offer to get in touch if it turns up, no sorry, no can I take your address or info. Emailed manager who had emailed me asking about the stay. I'll look into it. Several days, any update? No, still interviewing people. Several weeks, any update? No, sorry its lost.
I get it, my fault, I left it there. What was so disappointing was the lack of concern/care on the part of staff and management. Just sorry, can't find it. I travel VERY extensively for business, have left things in the past, sometimes I get them back, sometimes not, I've never experienced the kind of indifference that I did in this case, and this is comparing 5 star to value hotels.
In all a typical value for family oriented suite hotels. Convenient, clean. But with so many other options, I'd pick someplace else to stay next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dino19651965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Rooms were very specious, we were A large group heading to Busch Gardens theme park so this worked well for us. Plenty or great restaurants within walking distance. Full kitchen in rooms as well. Marble countertops in kitchen and bathroom. Very modern and clean. Great for a family vacation or business trip. Wish it was warmer when we were there, the pool area looked great! Breakfast in the morning was great as well, it's part of the stay and food is great. Short trip to Busch Gardens! Staff is accompanying and fun!

Room Tip: We had three rooms and they were all perfect, but one did have a fireplace!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Carla Marie, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I remember your group well and you were all so wonderful and fun. I am glad you & your group enjoyed your stay and the accommodations and hope that you return this summer during warmer weather, when the pool is open. Please contact Kristen again when you are ready to return. Thank you again for leaving such a wonderful review.
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Located on the main strip of Richmond Road in Williamsburg, VA. Updated/renovated Residence Inn with spacious rooms. Pet Friendly Hotel. No problems nor complaints. Service during check in was positive and welcoming, which is hard to find. Would recommend and will return.

1 Thank BizTravlerJunky
Thank you BizTravlerJunky for your great review.We are lucky to have such a wonderful location and our newly renovated & spacious rooms are like a home away from home with all of the amenities we are abel to offer. We pride ourselves on great customer service and your kind words have been passed on. Thank you again.
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and let me tell you i have never been more impressed than i was when i went to williamsburg the residence inn staff was amazing, especially SAL the front desk manager who was, simply the BEST front desk manager i have ever encountered and like i said i've traveled all over the world and stayed at some of the most elegant hotels one could imagine and never had service this good, the hotel was clean the breakfast and evening dinner was great, simply one of the best vacations i have ever had, and if you want to know the best places in town to eat, simply ask SAL.

Room Tip: get a high floor very peaceful
1 Thank 1nicetraveler
1nicetraveler...we couldnt have asked for a better review. Thank you. Sal is definitely a hot commodity here at the Williamsburg-Residence Inn. I thank you for such kind words and for taking teh time to leave a review on Trip Advsor. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband, two kids and our dog stayed here one night while visiting the Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg area. I reserved the 2 bdrm suite. It was great! It felt like an apartment. There were two queen beds and a full bathroom in one room and another queen bed and full bath in the other. Each bdrm had a flat screen tv as well has the living room area. A full kitchen and table too. The room included what they called a full breakfast in the common area. It included scrambled eggs, Sausage, bisquits and gravy, cereal, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, toast, and a variety of juices. Very pet friendly hotel. Plenty of areas to walk your pet. Within walking distance to many and short driving distance to every chain restaurant known to America. Just a couple miles from the Williamsburg Outlets. The only downside was the $75 non-refundable fee for pets.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Trish for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay in our spacious & newly renovated rooms. We do charge a $75 pet fee, but that is to deep clean rooms after pets have stayed there as we do have guests that have pet allergies and we need to ensure that all rooms are safe and clean for everyone that may visit. I love that you enjoyed our breakfast and location, we are very lucky to be so centrally located. We look forward to having you & your family stay with us again.
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My room was spacious, very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It had a 37" flat panel TV, many convenient electrical outlets and great Internet service, so all of my tech bases were covered. Though I was an hour early for check-in, as were several others in the lobby, the front desk staff was very pleasantly and efficiently getting people into rooms as soon as possible. (I've been in hotels that get a little surly when you dare to arrive earlier than expected, so I appreciated the attitude of the staff here.) Though I don't travel with a pet, everyone else checking in seemed to have a dog with them, so this appears to be a pet friendly hotel too.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sswp
SSWP, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Yes we are a pet-friendly hotel. Although we do take special care to ensure all rooms are clean and dander free so that those who are not traveling with pets are able to stay in a clean hotel. We take pride in our customer service and our front desk is awesome. I hope that during your next stay in Williamsburg, VA you choose the Residence Inn.
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here with my 2 sons for 3 nights. The room layout and size was absolutely perfect. My younger son slept on the pull out bed and my other son and I slept on the 2 beds in the bedroom. It was so nice to have the kitchen so that we could grab drinks or heat up leftovers easily. The furnishings and decor was up to date. It felt like home! The location was great as well. Everything was about 5-10 minutes away, even Busch Gardens. When my older son wanted to stay longer at Busch Gardens I left him there and came back to pick up him 2 hours later. It was so easy. There are tons of restaurant options very nearby. We also played the pirates cove mini golf one night and had Dairy Queen. Breakfast was fine, and it was nice and quiet in the rooms. We had a wonderful stay.

1 Thank jkpemay
I am glad you and your sons enjoyed your stay with us in Williamsburg, VA. We love our spacious rooms and the full kitchens are such a nice added amenity that our guests can take advantage of. Our wonderful location allows our guests easy access to all that the Williamsburg area has to offer. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn and we hope to see you again soon.