All reviewsfront deskbedroom suitea pet friendly hotelbusch gardensgeneral storebagelsrichmond roadsitting roomwe've stayedbeds were comfortableinnsdishwasheroutlets
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and let me tell you i have never been more impressed than i was when i went to williamsburg the residence inn staff was amazing, especially SAL the front desk manager who was, simply the BEST front desk manager i have ever encountered and like i said i've traveled all over the world and stayed at some of the most elegant hotels one could imagine and never had service this good, the hotel was clean the breakfast and evening dinner was great, simply one of the best vacations i have ever had, and if you want to know the best places in town to eat, simply ask SAL.

Room Tip: get a high floor very peaceful
1  Thank 1nicetraveler
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

1nicetraveler...we couldnt have asked for a better review. Thank you. Sal is definitely a hot commodity here at the Williamsburg-Residence Inn. I thank you for such kind words and for taking teh time to leave a review on Trip Advsor. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband, two kids and our dog stayed here one night while visiting the Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg area. I reserved the 2 bdrm suite. It was great! It felt like an apartment. There were two queen beds and a full bathroom in one room and another queen bed and full bath in the other. Each bdrm had a flat screen tv as well has the living room area. A full kitchen and table too. The room included what they called a full breakfast in the common area. It included scrambled eggs, Sausage, bisquits and gravy, cereal, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, toast, and a variety of juices. Very pet friendly hotel. Plenty of areas to walk your pet. Within walking distance to many and short driving distance to every chain restaurant known to America. Just a couple miles from the Williamsburg Outlets. The only downside was the $75 non-refundable fee for pets.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Trish for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay in our spacious & newly renovated rooms. We do charge a $75 pet fee, but that is to deep clean rooms after pets have stayed there as we do have guests that have pet allergies and we need to ensure that all rooms are safe and clean for everyone that may visit. I love that you enjoyed our breakfast and location, we are very lucky to be so centrally located. We look forward to having you & your family stay with us again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My room was spacious, very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It had a 37" flat panel TV, many convenient electrical outlets and great Internet service, so all of my tech bases were covered. Though I was an hour early for check-in, as were several others in the lobby, the front desk staff was very pleasantly and efficiently getting people into rooms as soon as possible. (I've been in hotels that get a little surly when you dare to arrive earlier than expected, so I appreciated the attitude of the staff here.) Though I don't travel with a pet, everyone else checking in seemed to have a dog with them, so this appears to be a pet friendly hotel too.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sswp

SSWP, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Yes we are a pet-friendly hotel. Although we do take special care to ensure all rooms are clean and dander free so that those who are not traveling with pets are able to stay in a clean hotel. We take pride in our customer service and our front desk is awesome. I hope that during your next stay in Williamsburg, VA you choose the Residence Inn.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here with my 2 sons for 3 nights. The room layout and size was absolutely perfect. My younger son slept on the pull out bed and my other son and I slept on the 2 beds in the bedroom. It was so nice to have the kitchen so that we could grab drinks or heat up leftovers easily. The furnishings and decor was up to date. It felt like home! The location was great as well. Everything was about 5-10 minutes away, even Busch Gardens. When my older son wanted to stay longer at Busch Gardens I left him there and came back to pick up him 2 hours later. It was so easy. There are tons of restaurant options very nearby. We also played the pirates cove mini golf one night and had Dairy Queen. Breakfast was fine, and it was nice and quiet in the rooms. We had a wonderful stay.

1  Thank jkpemay

I am glad you and your sons enjoyed your stay with us in Williamsburg, VA. We love our spacious rooms and the full kitchens are such a nice added amenity that our guests can take advantage of. Our wonderful location allows our guests easy access to all that the Williamsburg area has to offer. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for anniversary weekend getaway. I've always loved Marriott's Residence Inn properties and this one in particular even exceeded my expectations. When we checked in, the gentleman working the front desk upgraded us to a two bedroom suite (which was nice if for no other reason than to have the extra bathroom for getting ready in the morning). ALL of the staff (and I do mean ALL) were extremely friendly and engaging. Front desk was friendly, the folks tending the breakfast buffet, and even housekeeping were just the nicest folks always saying hi and asking how we were doing. The friendliness of the housekeeping staff in particular left a lasting impression on me, as it's been my experience at other hotels that this is often where you run into grumbly people who won't even make eye contact and sometimes you're lucky if they speak basic English. Not here -- we exchanged pleasantries frequently in passing in the hallway, on the elevator etc. Just really, really nice folks who work at this hotel.

The breakfast buffet was great (always a selling point for me when I'm looking for lodging) and is typical of what you'd find at any Residence Inn -- large selection of eggs (and toppings), sausage, belgian waffles, breads, muffins, and bagels, yogurts, oatmeal, cereal, etc. The weekend we stayed her the hotel was sold out (and full of middle/high school kids that were suprisingly quiet--thank goodness) yet the kitchen staff was very attentive in keeping the food area clean and quickly replenishing anything that ran out. I was quite impressed -- I really didn't expect them to be able to keep up with the rush, but they did! I was so impressed, in fact, that I made sure to thank one of the workers for doing such a terrific job.

The hotel is very centrally located -- and just across the street from our favorite eclectic restaurant in Williamsburg -- Food for Thought (try it -- you will not be disappointed!!) and all other points of interest were just a short hop, skip, and a jump away.

Next time we're in Wililamsburg we will no doubt come back to this Residence Inn. Fantastic experience and as long as these great people continue to work there, I know your stay will be just as nice!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HonestReviewer_in_VA

WOW! Thankyou HonestReivewer for such a lengthy & indepth review. We certainly appreciate the time you took to let everyone know about your stay withus at the Williamsburg, VA - REsidence Inn. Customer Service and cleanliness is something we take very serious here. I am glad you were able to thoroughly enjoy your stay with us and enjoyed our centrally located hotel. I appreciate the great review and hope to have you visit us again soon.