Residence Inn Williamsburg
$89
Hotels.com
$179
Autograph
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$75
$72
BestWestern.com
$131
$99
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$118
$290
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$209
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskfull kitchenbedroom suitewafflespet ownerspet friendly hotelbasketball courtgeneral storebusch gardensthe breakfast areachecking inrichmond roadsitting roomminute drivepetsinnscereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The pool was a hit! The breakfast was great with a huge assortment of waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, soy milk, and juices. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available 24 hrs a day for free. The staff gave us great directions and insight to local attractions. Overall, it was a blast!

• Stayed: December 2012
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I am glad your family had such a wonderful visit to Colonial Williamsburg. Thank you for leaving a great review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I checked out this morning and was pleased with my experience until I picked up my bill and noticed the $75 pet fee that was not evident on the website when I booked the room and was not mentioned to me when I called to make sure they wouldn't be shocked when I showed up with my dog. If I had known my $139 (plus tax) room was going to be $229 I would have found somewhere else to stay closer to the colonial area. Which is where I wanted to be anyway. When I spoke to the manager about this she took $25 off. That didn't make me feel better. This is not a $200/night hotel. I stay in lots of pet friendly hotels (many of them much nicer) and I've never been charged a pet fee. This feels like they're taking advantage. I told her I wouldn't be staying there anymore and she apologized and explained their policy for the tenth time. What happened to the customer is always right? It wasn't even the money. It was the shock factor I didn't like. If I let you know I'm bringing my dog, you let me know you're charging me out the wazoo. Deal?

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren M

Thank you so much for your comments.
I have looked into your concerns and have looked through our website which does notate the pet fee of $75.00 on the Marriott brand standard website in several places. Please be advised that all Residence Inns are pet frendly and can charge up $100.00 pet fee is to ensure that all rooms are deep cleaned after the pet has vacated the rooms. I also noted your signed pet policy that also states the $75.00 fee and other conditions, which was signed at check-in. My manager was extremely generous to offer you a discount on the pet fee as this is a set fee we charge. Most hotels, in the Williamsburg area, are not pet-friendly due to the high costs involved in the deep cleansing of rooms. We welcome our pet-family members, as they are very important to our guests.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been in the Resort and Hotel business for over twenty years, and this has been the best over all experience I have encountered to this date. Everything from the entire staff being the example of what customer service should be. To Mark the GM with his personable and hands on approach,and Sal and his awesome front desk staff,and Kandi(sales),and Christina(food service) to the unsung heroes of house keeping and maintenance. The property was clean and well maintained. Great Job!!!!!!

P.S. The Renovations look Amazing !!!!

Room Tip: The King studio #202 also the larger two bedroom suite # 221 close to the elevator and laundry.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasonw68

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We take pride in customer service and promote it within our employees. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you are able to come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is tops. We stay here every year before Christmas. When we arrived in the lobby, Sal greeted us as though we were favorite family relatives. He remembered our faces from last year and warmly welcomed us back. Every time we passed the front desk, he asked if everything was as we expected, which it was. We had a one-bedroom suite which was perfect for a family. The bedroom area had its own door, making it possible for those who wanted to sleep to do so, while others could stay up. The hotel was very clean and recently updated. We liked the location because, in addition to being near all the major attractions, it was within walking distance of local stores and restaurants. Breakfast was nicer than many hotel-included buffets and even the breakfast staff was outstanding. We will return.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with others, get a one-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PatriciaJohn
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I am so happy that you have had continued satisfaction with our hotel. You have seen us before and after our renovations and enjoyed the many changes. Sal is a wonderful asset to our company and we always want our guests to feel like they are family. I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip through WIlliamsburg. Thank you again so much.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was in town for a two week class at The College of William and Mary. During my stay the hotel staff went above and beyond on making me feel welcomed. To include, the lady that cooked the meals, asking if I had any breakfast request on the days I had a test. She said that she knew her kids liked certain things. On those mornings, what I requested was ready! Even the cleaning crew made sure to say hello or ask how my day was. This is the kind of staff you want to stay with. It was a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows! All of their pillows are super soft!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We enjoyed having your group at our hotel. We know when you have to stay in a hotel for an extended amount of time, that you would like to have change from time to time. We like to make your stay as personable as possible, and ask for our guests desires for breakfast, social, etc. I hope that you are able to return and stay with us again soon. Thank you again.