I checked out this morning and was pleased with my experience until I picked up my bill and noticed the $75 pet fee that was not evident on the website when I booked the room and was not mentioned to me when I called to make sure they wouldn't be shocked when I showed up with my dog. If I had known my $139 (plus tax) room was going to be $229 I would have found somewhere else to stay closer to the colonial area. Which is where I wanted to be anyway. When I spoke to the manager about this she took $25 off. That didn't make me feel better. This is not a $200/night hotel. I stay in lots of pet friendly hotels (many of them much nicer) and I've never been charged a pet fee. This feels like they're taking advantage. I told her I wouldn't be staying there anymore and she apologized and explained their policy for the tenth time. What happened to the customer is always right? It wasn't even the money. It was the shock factor I didn't like. If I let you know I'm bringing my dog, you let me know you're charging me out the wazoo. Deal?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Williamsburg is the premier long-term, pet-friendly hotel in Williamsburg. Located in the heart of Williamsburg on acres of green space, we are adjacent to a local recreation center, park and community walking trail allowing our guest to enjoy the normal pace of life while on business or pleasure. Also within walking distance are numerous restaurants, shopping and local attractions. Our breakfast buffet is offered 7 days a week and includes all the favorites from home made waffles to eggs and bacon. We also have a wonderful social hour Tuesday through Thursday that offers the guest a light dinner or dessert to finish off their day. Our modern accommodations include in-room stainless steel appliances (refrigerators, microwaves, cook tops, ovens and dishwashers), granite countertops in kitchen and bath updated living room furniture, large work station and new bedding. The Residence Inn Williamsburg provides all the comforts of home with the luxury of up-scale accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Residence Inn