“A Clean, Quiet and Friendly Hotel”

Residence Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Durham, North Carolina
“A Clean, Quiet and Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I travel to Williamsburg on occasion for business and I typically stay at this hotel because of its excellent location and friendly staff. The rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the staff anticipate the needs of business travelers, including being willing to give me a room away from other booked rooms when possible since I sometimes have conference calls during the day and appreciate absolute quiet.

I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler who needs a pleasant and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mskellbelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of day on business and was very pleased with the friendliness and the ability to make my stay pleasurable. I would/will come back to this location hands down if I'm ever back in this area.

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ssyms
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed for five nights and had a great time. The housekeepers were very helpful and pleasant. The front desk were friendly and quick to lend a hand. They suggested some great restaurants in the area and their breakfast was ready and hot every morning. My son loved the pool and the basketball court. The English gentleman at the front desk was quick to help out and suggested some great attractions we didn't know about.

2 Thank Fishermann
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I recently stayed here with my two children and stayed for five nights. The hotel is conveniently located close to everything Wiliamsburg has to offer. The staff were all very friendly and our room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay there again!

2 Thank lilalpaca
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Spacious! Pretty much the only complement!, This hotel has bed bugs crawling in daylight! My children did not want to stay here and were scare of the bed bugs. When I told the manager and showed him some pictures I took in my cell phone, he flat out denied and made all kind of excuses! He was rude and not willing to listen. Also, the hotel has the worst breakfast.. We had terrible experience, upon coming home, we through all our clothing in the dumpster because of the bed bugs...Housekeeping was very poor, one of the ladies saw the bed bug while changing the bed sheets and used a tissue to killed the bed bug..
Some hotel!

3 Thank za5045
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I booked this hotel because we were driving home from Myrtle Beach and needed to break up the trip back to NYC. I chose this hotel because of the decent ratings; I was completly shocked.

I like Residence Inn's because I have two children and the spacious suites are perfect for families traveling together.

Upon check in we were given Room# 104. I don't like ground floor rooms but I figured with my two small chilren running about this would be best.

The Room:
Kitchen area was not clear. The floor was so sticky that the soles of our shoes stuck to the bottom. There were crumbs everywhere. I think the kitchen wasn't touched after the previous guests left.
Bathroom: Not clean at all. There were stains all over the toilet, including the rubber pieces that cover the bolts. All of the cauking had mold; it was just disgusting.

I went to the front desk to inquire about a new room. The front desk manager passed me off to the Executive Housekeeper. She came to our room and attempted to clean. The floors were better but still stains around the toilet and crumbs everywhere.

The rest of the room wasn't any better. Stains all over the furniture and the furniture itself was just run down and disgusting.

I wouldn't let my children shower or bathe in the room nor would i let them eat at the table.

I was truly disappointed.

Never was I contacted by a manager about any of these issues.

The breakfast was a three ring circus. They ran out of waffle mix, syrup and coffee both mornings we went.

If you get stuck in the room with the hot food you will notice how disgusting those chairs are and the table cloths as well.

If I could ask United for the miles back that I used for this hotel stay I would.

1 Thank kuuru
Toronto
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is an average hotel that appears to cater to large, bus groups. One morning, there was plenty of trash in the recreation area at the front of the property. ie. the basketball/pool area. There are a lot of other properties in Williamsburg - so definitely look before you leap into this hotel.

It is somewhat dated inside, and our room was musty smelling. The breakfast was good - but get there early to avoid the crowds.

My major challenge with this hotel, and now the whole chain, is that they refer to themselves as Pet Friendly. Residence Inn "Sanitation" fees run from 75 to 125/stay. That can equal 1 night's stay at one of these properties.

The fee is not transparent. Try to find it on your room reservation - its not there.

When I asked what were my options - there was no response. Basically you are charged the fee - and that's it. To date - no one at Marriott (Either at their HQ, or with Hersha Hotels , this franchisee) can explain what exactly this fee is paying for.

If you are travelling with a pet - there are a lot more true Pet Friendly options available. ie. Westin, Hilton etc where the fees are nominal, or free.

So - best to avoid this chain altogether.