“Great Customer Service Translates To a Great Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Ca
“Great Customer Service Translates To a Great Stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I was fortunate to have a 5-day business trip to Williamsburg, Va where there are plenty of choices of hotels. Based on good experiences in different Embassy Suites, I selected the Embassy Suites Williamsburg. I was warmly greeted at the counter and was treated as if I was the only guest of the evening. The hostess actually walked from behind the counter to tour through the main activity areas. That attention was consistent throughout the stay whether entering/exiting the facility, attending the excellent manager's reception, and the "what more than you could ask for" breakfast. It also had a small but very adequate and tasty restaurant. The motel was very clean, quiet, and fully accomodating. Although I was in a beautiful, historic town, I was glad to get back to the motel because I truly felt at home.

3 Thank CaRoadrunner
ESManager, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review I know your time is valuable. Also thank you for the wonderful comments. I shared them with the associates and they were thrilled. They work so hard to make every guest’s stay the best it can be. So on behalf of everyone here in Williamsburg. THANK YOU!!

Jeremy Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Riner VA
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Excellent, convenient location to Williamsburg and WIlliam and Mary. Great manager's reception and full breakfast in the morning along with exercise room makes this a great value

2 Thank gfw3

Washington, DC
Reviewed February 17, 2009

When visiting Williamsburg, VA 4 or 5 times a year for the past ten years, it is the only hotel I want to stay in. The staff is great and very accommodating. The made to order breakfast chef is fantastic too. I always recommend this Embassy Suites to family, friends, and other business mates. This is my 5-Star hotel.

• Liked — The staff, food, drinks, and overall cleanliness.
  • Disliked — No comment.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ArmyGirl71

virginia
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Stay away , far away from this place! We showed up there yesterday pm, with our reservation in hand (that i made a week beforehand- with a confirmation email, and comfirmation mnumber),and they told us they were overbooked and had to send us to the best western! They said they had booked a school group, so there were tons of people being sent to the Best Western instead. The manager on at the time said they found out about it 3-4 days ago, but could not give me a reason why no one called to inform us! (i had been home until yesterday am, since we only live 2 hrs away)- but did say she did not know about it, and it was not her fault. the general maganer was not here- don't you think he should have been, if they were sending away 2 sheets of people- this many according to the staff! . we booked the active duty military rate of only $75/night, online, since my husband is on active duty in the army.

I don't want to stay at best western- we needed 2 adjoining rooms, or one suite- that's why we booked there. BW did not have either. Embassy said they would put us up for free for one night at BW, then we could come back to embassy suites the next day- are you kidding me? we are 2 adults and 2 kids- 3 and 5, no way i can just pack up again and come back! nor would i want to after the way we were treated! no compensation- no explanation- just throwing us out on the street! (the manager even said she did not care where we slept- when i implied we would have to sleep int he car). she said they called around and there were no other hotels that meet our criteria except one place that had suites for almost $500/night. she said i was taking too much of her energy up! oh, and there were several people that checked in there after us- and the staff would not say why.

we have stayed at many, many hotels, and have never ever had a problem like this! overbook- what a lie! they probably booked that group after we had already booked- so they could fill up the hotel and get more money! since, we were paying a discounted rate. and no common courtesy adn call us ahead of time and tell us the situation- at least that way i could have found another hotel from home. so rude! i am just boiling over this, but they don't even care- that's the worst part! and no, the manager on duty did not call around everywhere (she said eveyrthing was booked) - b/c we ended up finding a suite at the williamsburge lodge on property (2 hrs later)- of course, we are paying double , but they are so nice here. and there's no pool- my poor kids are heartbroken that they cannot swim (they were counting on it). and we are paying for both nights- b/c they would only pay up to $68 for the BW.

so, make sure you donfirm your reservation BEFORE you leave the am of yoru trip , if do book with these evil people, b/c they may give your room away and make you homeless!!!

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank pjb_9
ESManager, General manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2009
I am so sorry that you were affected by our unfortunate situation this past weekend.
I also apologize that the front desk did not give you the proper information.

We were overbooked only because a guest overflowed a bathtub which caused water damage in the two rooms beside their's all the way down 4 floors.

This happened a few days before thw weekend, we did not call because we were expecting to have the rooms repaired by the weekend. Unfortunately the construction crew was not as quick as I expected.

We did have to find alternative accomadations for 10 rooms. which we di pay for. Unfortunately being the only all suite property in williamsburg that gives a complimentary cook to order breakfast and managers reception, it is difficult to find equal accomodations.

I assure you that neither me nor my staff is "Evil". We wish we were able to have a room for every person that weekend.

To prove to you that we are the best hotel in Williamsburg, i would like to offer a complimentary stay so we can have another chance.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

q2468z
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I love the idea they have the cook to order breakfast, you get to stay in your suite, i love the managers reception with free drinks. The service was phenomanal, but really what was phenomanal was Cynthias down to earth southeren hospitality. I can only just imagine how great the rest of the staff is. this is definately the type of place you want to go for any type of affair.

• Liked — rooms food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank q2468z
ESManager, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

we agree Cynthia is a Gem.

She is certainly the leader ofour service culture her at the Embassy Suites.

The team gets so excited when we get these reviews so I can't wait to share yours.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I stayed here earlier this month while in the Williamsburg area. I had booked the room through the Hilton website, after reading several reviews on TripAdvisor, as well as a couple of other sites. When I arrived on Friday afternoon, I was greeted at the check-in desk by the manager, who was very friendly, noted that I was a HiltonHHonors silver member, and was shown where the hotel amenities were located, and told of the nightly Manager's Reception.
I later attended the reception, and was impressed with the many different liquid refreshments available, but not so impressed with the appetizers. The hotel is definitely not as large as other Embassy Suites I've stayed at in the past.
The room was a larger suite, as I requested. The flat screen TVs were nice, and the microwave, coffeemaker and refrigerator worked fine. The room was clean, but there were signs of wear here and there throughout the room: the footstool had a visible repair on top; the light over the table was coming loose from the wall, the light in the closet didn't work and was ready to fall off; and there had been some tiles that were repaired near the tub/shower faucet that were beginning to develop mildew/mold. The bed itself was very comfortable, and there were plenty of linens in the bathroom.
The pool, while small, appeared to be well-maintained, and the workout room, while small, had new equipment and was clean. The business room had a couple of computers and a printer, and was sufficient for the brief amount of time I needed to use it.
Breakfast the first morning was fine - while there was only one person working the dining area, who was responsible for clean-up, making sure the food area was full, as well as for preparing the made-to-order omelets, the hotel was almost empty, and he was able to handle the load. The second morning there were a few more people in the hotel (it still was very empty), and the woman on duty that morning had her hands full, and did not seem to be very happy or friendly. The omelet that morning wasn't as good, and I'm not sure if she had changed the plastic gloves she was wearing while she had wiped down tables before handling food. I also have to agree with several other posters - there are only nine tables in the dining area, and on the second morning we were fortunate to grab a table right after it had been cleared, earning us a glance from another individual who had her eye on it as well. I can't imagine the chaos during the high season during the summer!
Even though the economy is not strong at the moment, I would hope that there would be enough staff on hand to handle the breakfast crowd, and to do so in a friendly manner; a couple of other employees I spoke to were very friendly, so perhaps the Sunday morning breakfast area individual was just having a bad day. The breakfast area should also be enlarged. Also, a little more attention to detail would bump things up a notch.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel, as the friendliness of the management, most employees, and the overall value are good.

• Liked — The size of the room, comfortable bed, convenience to where I had to be.
  • Disliked — Little details, and the Sunday morning breakfast & breakfast area - it didn't seem very clean!
5 Thank V B
Thank you for taking the timw to fill out this review. This information is crucial to making our service and hotel the best place possible.

I have inspected your room and all the deficiancies have been corrected.

I am sorry that the breakfast attendant was not pleasant on that sunday. That associate has been here 17 years so I must take the blame for not scheduling enough people that morning. We had more guests than expected.

We are scheduled remodel our entire breakfast area which will help the occasional congestion.

We are excited to have you as our guest again. I know you will be pleased with the changes.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed January 16, 2009

The hotel was under renovation when we went but for just an overnight stay it was nice. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They offered a complimentary hot breakfast which was nice, but it was very crowded and difficult to find a clean table. The decor was dated, but since it was under renovation, I suspect that has changed.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the crowds and the renovation
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank MoonliteMaven
Thank you for your Wonderful Review.

The team here loves to get these reviews so I can't wait to share.

As far as the renovation I am glad that it did not affect your stay.

We are now complete!

All rooms have two brand new Flat 32" TV's one in the bedroom and one in the living room

We also have installed 52" Flat TV's in our Lobby

Thank you again and we look forward to having you as out guest again