New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Norfolk, Virginia
“Christmas in Williamsburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We decided to do something different this Christmas and spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Williamsburg...Having stayed at an Embassy Suite before, we selected the Embassy Suite Williamsburg...It proved to be a perfect choice...From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted by a wonderful young man at the front desk...:David McDonald was not only friendly and efficient but went out of his way to assist us in finding wonderful restaurants and great directions to wherever we wanted to go...Our suite was perfect and each morning we were treated to a fabulous breakfast prepared just the way you like it...Each evening there were complimentary cocktails for two hours...The hotel is in a great location very close to the main attractions in Williamsburg..So thank you Embassy Suite for helping to make this a Christmas to remember...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brandigirl93
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for for the fantastic review of our hotel. It s great to hear that David made a difference on your experience here. Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday wiith us and we look forward to seeing you all again the next time you are in Williamsburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My school and I stayed here back in April 2012, while heading back to Atlanta, but visiting Williamsburg first. I've never stayed at an Embassy Suites before, but I enjoyed it. My room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was great. The only 2 negatives I have about this place would be the train tracks that sit next to this place and the size of the beds. About the tracks. An Amtrak railroad track sits next to this place at night, I only heard a train once at night, and then heard another train when we were leaving. About the beds they were comfortable, but I kind of wish they were queen beds instead of double beds. I don't mind sleeping with another sibling in a double bed, but with a friend it kind of makes it a little awkward. If they would maybe changed their double beds to queen beds, then this hotel is good to go.

Room Tip: This place sits next to Amtrak railroad lines.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Caleb J
Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your school trip to Williamsburg. It is good to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and head a great experience at the Embassy Suites. We look forward to your school returning to our hotel next year. Thanks again!
Brandywine, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when we go to Williamsburg during the spring and summer, so we knew what to expect room-wise. But some of the amenities were lacking in the off-season. Never saw a bartender for the manager's reception and the buffet was sparse. The complementary breakfast had few low-cal/lo-sugar options and was pretty bland. The housekeeping staff knocked on our door twice before noon on checkout because they suspected the "Do not disturb" sign was left on the door in error. And why can't we have body wash? We will probably return in the future, but I feel I overpaid for this stay.

Room Tip: If you need two rooms and don't mind sharing space, request the 2BR/2BA/4TV suite. I used to boo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tawimu
Thank you for takling the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our food and beverage offerings did not meet your expectations and I will be discussing your feedback with our F&B & housekeeping teams. Thank you for being a frequent guest at our hotel and please give us another chance the next time you are in town.
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great experience at the Embassy Suites in Williamsburg.
The pros:
Everybody was very helpful and service was excellent
Candi, Tonya and Rick went out of their way to make our stay pleasant
Cons;
the rooms are on a small side, but we did not spend much time in our room anyway
The A/C heat unit is very loud- -solution just turn it off. We turned it off at night and the temperature stayed comfortable

Room Tip: 5th floor is best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelerFr0mMaryland
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We do try our best to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you also for giving kudos to Candi, Tonya, and myself. We are currently working to replace any ac units that are loud. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Midlothian, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Family stayed here for Christmas town overnight . While rooms were a bit smaller than other embassy suites , it was great for us . Easy check inn, clean , great location and excellent breakfast . Best free Internet . Plan to come again for spring outlet shopping trip .

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank midlothianfemale
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Happy Holidays and thank you for chooing us to be a part of your holiday celebration. I am glad that you had a great arrival experience and great breakfast. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the spring time.
Stevensville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Booked the stay over the holiday season to go to Christmas Town. Hotel was a short 10 minute drive or so to Busch Gardens, which was great.

We knew the property was probably dated from the external shots on their website, and that's the case. The suite size is smaller than the typical Embassy Suites, and the layout is somewhat different (bathroom at the front of the suite, not the middle). Size is a bit cramped - the pullout couch almost completely blocked the route to the bathroom, but all was workable. Interior of the room could probably use some refreshing in the near future, as could the lobby. We had a room on the first floor, which was good as we could avoid the elevator, except ... we had a front row view of the pool and all the participants. Nothing like opening your window and seeing someone sitting right next to your suite; I think we were both shocked when I opened the blinds for the first time. The good news is ... they close the pool right on time so there is no noise late in the evening. If you don't want to get up and close shots ... don't take rooms 100-104. Rooms 116 and 117 open directly into the lobby so I would guess those wouldn't be great picks either if you value some quiet.

Didn't make the managers reception, but we did make the breakfast the next morning. The breakfast is worth the trip, as you get great value for your money with the cooked to order items and the large selection. BUT ... the layout here is beyond frustrating. No one in line had a clue that there were actually 2 lines - 1 for the cooked-to-order stuff, 1 for the buffet style line. People in line for an omelette waited for several minutes before they realized the other line was shorter. A little signage could help. They do have a nice warning about breakfast wait times which was helpful; be prepared to wait if you go during the "red" time. There isn't much seating but they do add folding tables to a conference room and the lobby to expand seating.

Location was fairly convenient. K-Mart close by and the hotel is somewhat off the beaten trail so no road noise. Internet was free. Pool seemed good and decent sized - families appeared to be enjoying it (as seen from my room).

But the kicker for me ... there was some spotty service. First off, Andrea at the front desk was superb. Quick, efficient, friendly. However, when I called in the morning to ask a few questions, my first attempt at a call rang for over a minute without answer (no voice mail?). I called back, finally reached someone, and asked my questions. When the responder asked what my name was, I started spelling it, and after the third letter she exclaimed "whoa whoa WHOA! Start over." After I spelled my name, there was a long pause, where I had to eventually ask if someone was still with me. Not good. Not professional.

The second incident occurred at breakfast. Long story short, the young female attendant became very agitated and argumentative with me over a table. I had found some folks leaving their table, I asked if I could take their table when they left, and they said sure. I sat down, and the attendant immediately confronted me, saying that she had "saved" that table for another guest. I told her I didn't understand, and asked if there was a wait list or some other process which I was unaware of. She answered with, "SIR ... this is first-come, first-serve, this lady has been waiting FOREVER to sit down." Apparently, though, the lady was looking to sit with her party, already seated at another table behind the partition. Another attendant motioned her toward her party and she sat down. When I politely asked again if I had missed something along the way, she once again emphatically and sarcastically told me that there was no formal process but she was holding the table for this lady. By this time, of course, there were 2 open tables, and I offered to move despite the lady being seated by now, but she walked away from me. Obviously, there was a much better way of handling the situation than devolving into rudeness. While these incidents did not warrant elevation to a manager, of course, they do suggest a lack in customer service training (or refresher training). Possibly a bad day for the 2 of them, because most reviews here say the service is good - but not for my stay. Again, I have to commend Andrea for her great service.

I won't stay here again, but overall probably a decent value during the tourist season, because you do get good bang for your buck with the reception and breakfast. But keep in mind that this is an older, smaller Embassy Suites, in need of some updates. There are probably better choices in Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Rooms 100-104 have a direct pool view; rooms 116 and 117 open directly into the lobby
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cne24
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback about your stay. It is great that Andea made a positive impact on your stay despite having other service issues. I will be addressing the seating issue that you encountered with out F&B manager. Our seating is first come, first serve and we should not be "holding" tables. I am glad that you did enjoy the value of our evening reception and cooked to order breakfast. Thanks again for the review and please do give us another chance the next time you are in Williamsburg.
Stafford, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We absolutely love everything about Embassy Suites Williamsburg. We came here for Christmas Town and the hotel definitely met our expectations. The lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas and staff is extremely kind. We can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Chenderson0720
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words about your stay. I am glad our hotel exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed our Holiday decorations.. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.