I stayed here 5 nights as part of a group of about 40 so I'm the first to say I got a very good group rate. However, the staff were exceptional.
While we were here, we had a terrific thunderstorm that knocked down trees in town and took out the hotel's power for maybe a couple of hours...at happy hour. Since the atrium is the only area with decent light, everyone parked at the tables there. It was craz- nuts. And the bartender ladies kept folks happy and the manager and staff roamed to make sure the natives weren't too restless. A potentially rotten time was a quite nice one. The breakfast people are also very, very nice.
My room was always clean and tidy, thought I think the floor could have been a little tidier. Hallways were sometimes dirty due to people bringing their social hour food back to their rooms. (If you drop it on the floor, pick it up!) I heard vacuums and know the hotel must be aware of the problem with this. Another large group of teen athletes came during my stay and the dropped food was much more of a problem then.
The breakfast is pretty good. The hot bar eggs are not good, but hot bar eggs never are. Choices in the hot bar were generally scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, fresh fruit. You can get cook-to-order eggs, and there are big crocks of oatmeal and grits. Coffee is not very good. I ate oatmeal a lot and it was sometimes better than others (too dry and thick). Considering it's summer, the fresh fruit was very limited and never varied.
I will give this hotel a review of "Excellent" when they delete this from their web page: "fully equipped fitness center boasting the latest in modern equipment." I use fitness rooms when I travel and this was not fully-equipped. I was stunned at the statement and would be embarrassed to have it there. There were 2 treadmills, a bike, an elliptical machine, a stationary weight bench and some dumbbells. That's it. Get some other stuff so people can do a full-body workout and it's a fitness center. This is not.
Would I stay here again? Maybe. I liked it but there are a lot of choices (including historic ones) in Williamsburg. Without the group rate, Embassy Suites isn't nearly as attractive as many of the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Williamsburg's only full service, all-suite hotel. The newly renovated Embassy Suites Williamsburg hotel offers guests a free hot breakfast buffet with cooked-to-order station each morning and a complimentary cocktail reception each evening. This richly appointed Williamsburg hotel is within convenient reach of all the exciting attractions and rich history the area has to offer. This all-suites hotel has incorporated elements of Williamsburg in the decor, making it ideal for corporate travel, families and groups that are visiting Williamsburg, VA. Enjoy the extra space of two-room suites with a separate living and sleeping area. Each room is equipped with an HDTV, and all suites include a microwave and mini-refrigerator, generous work space and free Wi-Fi. Hotel offers more than 1,000 SF of versatile meeting space for corporate and social events. Indoor pool and sun deck; the whirlpool has been permanently closed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Virginia
- Embassy Suite Williamsburg