“very nice hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd.
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed January 5, 2007

Very nice hotel. Friendly front desk personnel. Room was very nice. Some of them are family suites so be sure and ask for one away from those if you want quiet during busy times.
There was a roomfull of kids next to us, banging the doors, etc.
If I stay here again, I will ask for one away from those type of rooms. The breakfast was typical, but good.
A lot of choices for dining close by. A bit of a drive to the historic district.

Stayed: December 2006
5  Thank Donna S

Reviewed November 26, 2006

I rebooked our Williamsburg reservations after reading TripAdvisor's users' comments about this hotel. I'm glad I did. The one bedroom was spacious, clean, and quiet. It was also an excellent value. The hotel's nicely situated among restaurants and shops and is close to downtown. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank jazzbass
Reviewed November 24, 2006

This new hotel (less than one year old) features HUGE rooms, comfy beds (even the sofabed), full size fridge and lots of kitchen gear. We stayed in a suite, with separate living room/kithcen.

Location is great, close drive to Colonial Williamsburg and shopping (food, souvenirs, outlet stores), and family restaurants. Some of these are even walking distance.

Staff was very friendly. We decided to stay an extra night, due to a big storm, and we were offered the same rate (although I had to ask for it after we were quoted a higher rate initially). Desk staff was knowledgeable about local attractions.

The heavy rain resulted in a leaky window in the bedroom, but maintenance quickly responded and we were offered a change of rooms. We declined, since it was our last night, but they cleaned up and made a temporary repair with no trouble to us.

Bathroom had large, well-lit sink/dressing area with lots of counter space. We would definitely stay here again. One suggestion: more towel racks in bathroom area.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank beachmom
Reviewed October 28, 2006

we have stayed many times always a great value

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank landoncrt
Reviewed October 21, 2006

We are currently staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites. I am writeing this review from the business center which is free to guests. I can see my son swimming in the indoor heated pool which hes very happy to have since it's late October and most hotels in the area only offer outdoor pools. The location is on a main street that offers a varitey of places to dine. We have found the location to be within a 15 min. drive to most of the local attractions. Our suite has been cleaned each day without fail. We did have a problem with one of the chairs that was taken care of right away. The breakfast in the morning does offer two hot items per day and in the last five days none of the hot items have been repeated and the food has been very good. The staff at the front desk and at the breakfast bar have all been extremely helpful. We have been very pleased with our stay here and would come back to this hotel when we visit the williamsburg area.
Great Hotel !!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank Anniebell61
Reviewed August 31, 2006

My family and I stayed at Williamsburg for 10 nights 8/13 to 8/24.
The staff was friendly and the manager was helpful, our carpet got very wet because the air conditioner tray overflowed and he immediatly took care of it and after that he was very nice to us.
I personally was dissapointed and did not like the Hotel, It offers a full hot breakfast buffet, but that's not the case. They cook a different hot item everyday, but they do not vary. No waffles, french toast or pancakes I had to take my kids for breakfast somewhere else and even I did not like what they cooked a couple of times. I had to buy a bottle of Clorox Cleanup for my bathroom because the scum on the tub and sink was awful, and by the way the clorox removed it. I started to look for another hotel on the first day but unfortunately most of them were booked on the weekends and I was not going to be moving from hotel to hotel for the weekends. Everybody has their own opinion on what they expect. I chose the hotel because I read the reviews and they were very good, but as for me I was not very pleased. We liked Williamsburg very much and plan on returning but not to the Hampton Inn, I already saw a couple of other hotels I would like to stay because I personally visited.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank Milkajan
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We stayed here for 4 days. Room was VERY clean and the staff was very helpful. Very convenient to everything in Williamsburg. The breakfast was a pretty good and got us off to a quick start in the mornings. They have a nice cooler full of Ben/Jerry's ice cream, Dove bars and snacks. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple