Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd.
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
nc
“Great stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay st this hotel. From the quick efficient check in, the nice clean rooms, delicious complimentary breakfast to check out day.We had no problems at all and look forward to returning in the near future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank primadonna33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Franconia, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed in the 2Queen/2 room suite with full kitchen and thought it was pretty good. Check in went pretty smoothly and they have lots of parking all around the hotel with keyed entrances in back. Pool seemed ok and centrally located though I didn't use it. Breakfast was pretty typical for Hampton Inn though their warm food was warmer and seemed fresher than most. Also had some variety with "bagel toppers" which I had never seen before. Basically a bottom slice of a bagel with cheese, egg, sausage baked on top of it.

Pretty centrally located along bypass road and was especially nice because you can walk 3 blocks to the best restaurant in Williamsburg (Food For Thought).

The room was pretty clean and the full kitchen was nice though I probably just use the frig. There was an island table top in the kitchen and my only small complaint was that the bar chairs for this height of table were too low. A bar table chair would be too high but there is an intermediate type chair that would be good. There is no work desk in this type of room so it made using the computer a little cumbersome. Room had a decent sized safe which is good....hate when they don't have a safe and I have to hoof my camera everywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BigMo_28
Asheville, NC
Reviewed June 4, 2014

If you've stayed in a Hampton Inn recently, you know exactly what to expect from this hotel -- a clean, comfortable, quiet room, with a great bed. This place delivers exactly that. The whole hotel is attractively decorated with very pleasant public areas. The breakfast room is very pretty and the food there was excellent. The staff are friendly and efficient. The process that hotels use to set prices is about as opaque as that used by the airlines, but during the time period we were there, this hotel was the cheapest of all the Hilton offerings in the area, about $85 plus tax.

The hotel is located just a short drive from the Colonial Williamsburg parking lot and visitors' center. It's too far to walk, but the trade off is you have a very large selection of restaurants at your disposal. Also, if you've got plans to stop in at the Yankee Candle store (more like a supermarket), it's just a couple of blocks farther down the same street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OtherMountainDude
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Comfy bedding! Lots of space! Quite despite lots young baseball players staying there the same night. Breakfast was hot and plenty to choose from. I would stay again and tell my family and friends to do the same.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had a Pre-summer get a way in May. I made my reservation on line but had a small problem after reviewing my reservation,so I called the hotel directly and was blown away by their wonderful customer service. My problems was resolved fast without and hesitation from the GSA on the phone. As soon as we walked through the door we where welcomed by the friendly front desk staff. They gave us great recommendation for a great steak house for our first dinner in Williamsburg.
The rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was delicious
I would defiantly stay here when I get back to Williamsburg. :)

Room Tip: The staff was friendly the rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the complimentary breakfas...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catwomen1959
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was an after prom party chaperon for my old high school and decided to stay near the venue. This location provided me with everything I needed to get through the night and more! I look forward to returning to Williamsburg and staying at this property. I am never disappointed when I stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Front Royal, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was clean and had good service. We were particularly pleased with the design of the suite, which was a 2-room set-up with a television in each room. This was helpful since we have several children. We used the indoor pool and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family