The staff here are very nice and do go out of their way to be helpful.
However, the hotel is very old and rooms need updating. They have done what feels to be a "facelift" on the rooms, but the basics need upgraded. Kitchen appliances were very old and didn't work well. Coffee pot was dirty and looked to be decades old. NO OVENS in these units... only a two-burner stove top and an ancient microwave which turnplate doesn't even rotate. Ice machine didn't work in either of our rooms. Bath tub is old, leaky, and faucet was coming apart. Pool is very basic and indoors... we called to ask if we could use any of the other Hilton properties' pools; we were told no.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast and "dinner" (reception) they advertise. We opted to stay here (though considerably more expensive than some of our other options) because we liked the idea of having food available for breakfast and dinner- especially with our young children. Breakfast is somewhat standard or a little less than hoped for. Waffles, gritty sausage and watery oatmeal, and such. However, the evening reception or "dinner" was a huge disappointment. Menu calendar in our room said they would be serving Chicken Parmesan tonight... we went down and found breaded Chicken breast, but no pasta or any other starch to serve with it. What a let-down.
I would only stay here if you get a great deal and don't mind basic breakfast and basically no dinner (or just eat in room). Just want to put the word out there so you can come prepared- unlike us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Williamsburg hotel, a charming hotel located 18 miles from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. Enjoy the comforts of home in one of the elegant suites, complete with your own fully equipped kitchen and separate living room. Situated in the center of colonial Williamsburg, the spacious suites make this hotel in Williamsburg, VA a memorable place for an extended stay or short holiday Enjoy the comforts of home at Homewood Suites, where your day begins with a complimentary cooked breakfast. Choose a spacious one- or two-bedroom suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Unwind on comfortable, classic furniture in front of your fireplace. Each suite is large enough for work, study or entertaining, and includes a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Relax on a comfortable couch in your living room, and unwind in front of on-demand movies on your 37-inch LCD TV. Stay connected with high-speed WiFi and two telephones with data ports and voicemail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Priceline so you can book your Homewood Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Homewood Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Homewood Suites