“Sam Peraza- General Manager”

Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Providence Forge, Virginia
“Sam Peraza- General Manager”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

When I arrived at Homewood Suites from Louisiana I parked my car and my battery died. Sam took the time to try and jump my car from his car and after we determined that I needed a new battery he personally drove me to the store to purchase a new one. He personally helped me take the battery out and helped me install a new one. It was the Sunday before Memorial Day and Sam was very busy that day but he managed he handle all the hotel business and take care of my problem. I started my new job in Williamsburg the Tuesday after Memorial Day and Sam really saved the day for me because everything was closed that weekend and the town was full of tourists. If Sam hadn't been there to help the week would have been ruined. Sometimes meeting the right people make all the difference and Homewood Suites is fortunate to have Sam Peraza.
The whole staff at the hotel was exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to always greet me everyday morning and night. I can't help but feel that Sam Peraza has something to do with how well the hotel is run. He deserves an award but all I can do is write you this letter. I hope you will let him know how grateful I am to him.

Dr. John R. Colaluca
Medical Director at the Farley Center at Williamsburg Place

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My family of five stayed here during the half marathon, the staff was extremely courteous and delightful. The room was clean but not perfect. The appliances were a little worn but still clean which is great because my wife is a clean freak. The pool was a little cloudy for our taste but the manager still had the pool guy check it out. The room had double beds in a separate bedroom with TV and doors that close which worked out great for my wife to sleep while the kids watched tv in the living room. Breakfast wasn't the best in the world but had different hot food daily. Plus one of the staff walked around offering apple fritters to anyone while someone else maintained the food areas. The staff allowed us to check out later because of my wife running the race which allowed her to come back and still get some food. Since we did not swim so we needed a place for my daughter to get some energy out, out the back there is a playground within a 3 min walk while passing two ponds with wildlife. Kids loved it. The hotel is minutes from the Williamsburg welcome center so I thought it was a great location. Overall, not perfect but as close as you can get. We will definitely stay again when in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Chief,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family chose us for your hotel needs. Thank you for telling us you concerns about the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was a great place to stay we had a family of 6 and got the two room suite and it worked out wonderfully. Plenty of room with two kids, kids liked the pool,it was close to plenty of places to eat and shop. Very friendly staff. The only thing that was not all that great was the free breakfast. but it was free so really cant say to much.

Dear 917carlt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast service. Thank you for your thoughts on this. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Located just a couple minutes' drive from Colonial Williamsburg, this hotel fit the bill for all of my family's needs. Since we have four kids, we appreciated the spacious suite setup. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the duration of our stay. The warm complimentary breakfast was definitely a plus. We didn't use the pool, so no comment on that. Overall, a very nice experience. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but for the location and quality, a good deal.

Dear Kenichiro,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the suite and complimentary breakfast. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just checked out of a two-night stay here at Homewood Suites in Williamsburg. The entire staff from front-desk, housekeeping, and breakfast/food service were extremely courteous, friendly, and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable, and all the appliances made for a great stay. I would fully recommend staying here during your visit to Williamsburg. I know we will be staying here for any future trips to the area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose us for your hotel needs. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer. We hope you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was clean and convenient, but there is no automatic door in the lobby. This will be difficult for guests that are handicapped or for me, as I had a fully loaded luggage cart and had to wrestle the single door open and have it close on my cart and some of the items fell off. I didn't eat breakfast. I requested a 1st floor room and I ended up on the top floor (5th Floor). Overall - Not recommended. In need of serious updates. Kitchen was clean and useful. Room was very spacious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Julie K
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our second stay here with our daughter and her family; we really like the design of the two-room suites, with separate bathrooms for each bedroom, and the comfy living room. The breakfast buffet was better than I remembered it from last year but could use a bit more variety. One hair dryer was broken. Again, the fridge had a totally non-working ice maker and no ice bucket in the room. But the guest rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is great; we were so busy we didn't have time to mention the small problems I've listed above. I would certainly recommend this hotel to families visiting the area.

1 Thank Anne C
Dear Anne,

Thank you for telling us about your hotel stay. We are so glad that you chose us. Thank you for your comments and concerns. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the hair dryer, and the refrigerator. We are so sorry that you were inconvenienced. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for feedback. We use feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel.