“Comfort and Quiet”

Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfort and Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Located at the end of the main hotel strip in this part of Williamsburg (the end closest to the historic part, mind you), the hotel is clean, quiet, and has a great breakfast that saves TONS of time when getting ready for activities that day. Couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Matthew L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
York, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We're staying here now and so far everything is great! Everything is clean. The staff is very friendly. They have a breakfast in the morning which serves scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausauge, cereals, oatmeal, toast....the basics really. They also serve a light dinner in the evening and it's all complimentary! Our suite has a seperate bedroom, kitchen, living room, and a bathroom area. For the price it can't be beat. All utensils & pots/pans are included! Lobby is beautiful and breakfast/dining area has a fireplace in it! It's also a short drive to Colonial Williamsburg. I would reccomment to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hotel accommodations were average, and this does not qualify as a luxury hotel. For the price, and the convenience of getting a suite with a functional kitchen, it is worth considering. Staff was very helpful and the location very convenient to William & Mary, and Colonial Williamsburg. Breakfast was comparable to other hotels.

Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had a booking for this hotel after a visit to Virginia Beach. Our son had a small cage with 2 hermit crabs and due to this we were refused check-in. Initially the front-desk saw no problem with it but after asking the manager we were told that we had to find another hotel.
After wasting hours at the hotel we were finally told that the general manager allowed us to check-in "if we made sure to hide the cage walking in" but by that time we had already booked a different hotel (a non hilton brand).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for the inconveniences you and your family experienced while trying to check in to our property. We certainly hope to have another chance to serve you all in the future.

Sam Peraza
757-259-1199
samuel.peraza@hilton.com
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

First things first. Due to a previous unsatisfactory stay at Homewood Suites in another state, Hilton corporate offices provided me a certificate for a free stay in any Homewood Suites hotel in the US with the condition that I redeem the free stay by 08/31/2013. I am behind on some studying (yes, I am currently in the hotel as I type this review) so, I thought this was be an ideal opportunity to redeem the soon to be expired coupon, catch up on my class assignments, and give Homewood Suites a second chance. Bad idea! While the front desk staff remained extremely pleasant at check-in, and was prompt to take action when I placed a call to them to notify them of a strip of corner molding falling from the wall, the stay was unsatisfactory. The entire night has been a hodge-podge of loud noises; doors slamming, people running up and down the stairs located right next to my room, a family in the hallway near my door talking loudly and trying to bargain with their crying child and an array of other noises. Feels as though the walls are made of paper. I did request to me moved, unfortunately, they were unable to accommodate my request. As for the room; it's pretty standard for the brand, it is clean and comfortable, and a decent size with a full refrigerator, a two burner stove, a microwave, and a ice maker which makes ice quicker than any ice maker I have ever seen. My best advice is; if you are looking for somewhere to stay that is reasonably quite, this is NOT the place for you. Keep looking. As for me, needless to say, if a "free" stay isn't worth the value, I certainly will not be returning for a paid one. I will not be returning to this Homewood Suites or any other one in the future.

Room Tip: If you prefer less noise find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Sam Peraza
757-259-1199
samuel.peraza@hilton.com
Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

First impression was very nice. The hotel lobby looked like it had been recently updated or well maintained. The large chandelier that hung over the stairwell going down to the dining area was a beautiful touch. The suite was adequately sized with the kitchen area overlooking the living room and equipped with a full sized fridge, two burner stove, microwave and small dishwasher, as well as a few dishes. I thought the Crepe Myrtles that were located outside of our living room and bedroom windows were lovely! The King size bed provided my husband and I average comfort and the sheets were clean and comfortable, but the pillows could have stood to have been a bit newer. I had noticed some staining on one of the pillows and decided to put it into the closet. The breakfast and light dinner provided daily were appreciated and helped keep us on budget. The meals may not have been anything too fancy, but we were well rounded, tasteful and made you feel at home, as the name of the hotel "Homewood Suites" suggests. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We unfortunately had to cut it short by one day, because my husband fell ill, which is when their true colors came to light. We had booked our trip through Priceline.com and were afraid we would not be able to either change our last reservation date or receive a refund for the day we were going to miss, but the manager, Lenola, couldn't have been more pleasant and more understanding, as well as helpful with our situation!! She spoke to a Priceline representative for us, so we would be able to receive a refund for our last reservation day. We are now looking forward to our next stay in September, when we are planning to finally make it to Busch Gardens...can't wait! We'll be hoping to see that friendly face that saved the day :D Thanks again and God bless!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I were traveling with twin toddlers and a teenager. We choose this Hotel mainly because of it's location. Through my research this was also one of the only hotels I could find with a seperate bedroom from the Living room making bed time, and nap time much easier on everyone. All the staff members were very courtious. The Kitchen staff was even better in my opinion. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.