“Complimentary Stay Wasn't Even Worth the Value”

Homewood Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Complimentary Stay Wasn't Even Worth the Value”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

First things first. Due to a previous unsatisfactory stay at Homewood Suites in another state, Hilton corporate offices provided me a certificate for a free stay in any Homewood Suites hotel in the US with the condition that I redeem the free stay by 08/31/2013. I am behind on some studying (yes, I am currently in the hotel as I type this review) so, I thought this was be an ideal opportunity to redeem the soon to be expired coupon, catch up on my class assignments, and give Homewood Suites a second chance. Bad idea! While the front desk staff remained extremely pleasant at check-in, and was prompt to take action when I placed a call to them to notify them of a strip of corner molding falling from the wall, the stay was unsatisfactory. The entire night has been a hodge-podge of loud noises; doors slamming, people running up and down the stairs located right next to my room, a family in the hallway near my door talking loudly and trying to bargain with their crying child and an array of other noises. Feels as though the walls are made of paper. I did request to me moved, unfortunately, they were unable to accommodate my request. As for the room; it's pretty standard for the brand, it is clean and comfortable, and a decent size with a full refrigerator, a two burner stove, a microwave, and a ice maker which makes ice quicker than any ice maker I have ever seen. My best advice is; if you are looking for somewhere to stay that is reasonably quite, this is NOT the place for you. Keep looking. As for me, needless to say, if a "free" stay isn't worth the value, I certainly will not be returning for a paid one. I will not be returning to this Homewood Suites or any other one in the future.

Room Tip: If you prefer less noise find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Sam Peraza
757-259-1199
samuel.peraza@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Smithfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

First impression was very nice. The hotel lobby looked like it had been recently updated or well maintained. The large chandelier that hung over the stairwell going down to the dining area was a beautiful touch. The suite was adequately sized with the kitchen area overlooking the living room and equipped with a full sized fridge, two burner stove, microwave and small dishwasher, as well as a few dishes. I thought the Crepe Myrtles that were located outside of our living room and bedroom windows were lovely! The King size bed provided my husband and I average comfort and the sheets were clean and comfortable, but the pillows could have stood to have been a bit newer. I had noticed some staining on one of the pillows and decided to put it into the closet. The breakfast and light dinner provided daily were appreciated and helped keep us on budget. The meals may not have been anything too fancy, but we were well rounded, tasteful and made you feel at home, as the name of the hotel "Homewood Suites" suggests. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We unfortunately had to cut it short by one day, because my husband fell ill, which is when their true colors came to light. We had booked our trip through Priceline.com and were afraid we would not be able to either change our last reservation date or receive a refund for the day we were going to miss, but the manager, Lenola, couldn't have been more pleasant and more understanding, as well as helpful with our situation!! She spoke to a Priceline representative for us, so we would be able to receive a refund for our last reservation day. We are now looking forward to our next stay in September, when we are planning to finally make it to Busch Gardens...can't wait! We'll be hoping to see that friendly face that saved the day :D Thanks again and God bless!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I were traveling with twin toddlers and a teenager. We choose this Hotel mainly because of it's location. Through my research this was also one of the only hotels I could find with a seperate bedroom from the Living room making bed time, and nap time much easier on everyone. All the staff members were very courtious. The Kitchen staff was even better in my opinion. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our party stayed here overnight while visiting the Williamsburg area. It was very spacious with a separate bedroom and living area. The sink is outside the bathroom which was convenient for others to get ready while someone was in the shower. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, 2 burner stove top and compact dishwasher. The beds slept OK, but weren't overly comfortable. The room showed some wear and tear and could use some TLC. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with hot items such as eggs, hashbrowns and sausage; however they were lackluster. Cereal, bread, muffins and oatmeal were also available. The business center had extremely slow internet. We were unable to print what we needed, thankfully the front desk staff went out of their way to help us with this issue. This hotel was in a great location in Williamsburg and was also in a quiet area. It would be fine for a night but I would think twice before booking this for an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel staff were terrific, the woman on shift could not have been more helpful, but the Internet in the business center was abysmal and the tv reception was very poor. The room was above adequate otherwise. Breakfast was average. Coffee was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

waldorf, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

suite was amazing and definitely met our needs. location to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Outlets was awesome. recommend for families visiting the area. bit pricey but worth it. staff was friendly and very helpful.

Phoenixville PA, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Location is good, no longer then 20 minutes from the main attractions in the area. Rooms are spacy and easily hosted my family of six. Rooms were also well cleaned. Front-office staff is friendly and helpful. Only downside to the place is the limited breakfast options and the ambiance of the breakfast area. The fitness area is also very limited with only one treadmill and two worn 'sitting bikes'. Wifi works excellently, which is always good.