“Highly recommended”

Homewood Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I were traveling with twin toddlers and a teenager. We choose this Hotel mainly because of it's location. Through my research this was also one of the only hotels I could find with a seperate bedroom from the Living room making bed time, and nap time much easier on everyone. All the staff members were very courtious. The Kitchen staff was even better in my opinion. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Williamsburg

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our party stayed here overnight while visiting the Williamsburg area. It was very spacious with a separate bedroom and living area. The sink is outside the bathroom which was convenient for others to get ready while someone was in the shower. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, 2 burner stove top and compact dishwasher. The beds slept OK, but weren't overly comfortable. The room showed some wear and tear and could use some TLC. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with hot items such as eggs, hashbrowns and sausage; however they were lackluster. Cereal, bread, muffins and oatmeal were also available. The business center had extremely slow internet. We were unable to print what we needed, thankfully the front desk staff went out of their way to help us with this issue. This hotel was in a great location in Williamsburg and was also in a quiet area. It would be fine for a night but I would think twice before booking this for an extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel staff were terrific, the woman on shift could not have been more helpful, but the Internet in the business center was abysmal and the tv reception was very poor. The room was above adequate otherwise. Breakfast was average. Coffee was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

suite was amazing and definitely met our needs. location to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Outlets was awesome. recommend for families visiting the area. bit pricey but worth it. staff was friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Location is good, no longer then 20 minutes from the main attractions in the area. Rooms are spacy and easily hosted my family of six. Rooms were also well cleaned. Front-office staff is friendly and helpful. Only downside to the place is the limited breakfast options and the ambiance of the breakfast area. The fitness area is also very limited with only one treadmill and two worn 'sitting bikes'. Wifi works excellently, which is always good.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a great hotel. Our room was a large well layed out suite. The location is great, right off the highway and close to numerous eateries. Parking was not an issue. The staff is great. We plan on staying again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Where do I start? This was a business/family fun trip with my wife and two kids. When we arrived late on a Sunday night we had to walk through a wall of cigarette smoke to get into the lobby which of course smelled like smoke. The front desk reception was very nice and throughout the stay the staff was very nice. As I sat in the living area of the room area late that night I hear this annoying hum which I have discovered to be something from the room above, next the AC in my room kicks in and OMG! sounds like a 747 landing in my room. I attempted to adjust the AC fan and discovered it only has one speed and that's airplane speed! Not a good night sleep and it gets worse, in between the AC in the room and the hum from the room above us the refrigerator in our room goes on and is just as annoying as the hum from upstairs. If the AC is off there is a celling fan that is quite as long as it is not that hot in the room. The next morning I am watching TV in the living area and I catch a nasty smell in the room which I discover to be coming from the dishwasher, I open it up and there are dirty dishes in there that seemed to be in there for some time, NASTY! I attempted to start the dishwasher, however the door would not close on the dishwasher and the soap dispenser on the inside was caked up with old soap and broken, I guess that explained the dirty dishes. Maintenance was dispatched and left a note explaining the door was replaced, housekeeping replaced the dishes and everything was fine until I went to use the dishwasher and the thing did not work anyway. You would think the maintenance person would check the thing after he fixed it. Monday morning I discover the fan in the bathroom has issues with the switch, you need to flip it a few times to get it to go on and in a room with four people you need a bathroom fan, if you no what I mean. I was told by Hilton.com that this location serves complementary dinner with wine and beer as I know most Homewood Suits do, all except this one. I could really have enjoyed and adult beverage by this time. The next issue is the Wi FI, and the business center, I will make it short, Don't bother!! they both STINK!!! The manager stated they are getting new stuff next year, oh boy can't wait! LOL! The food was nasty, processed food all the way, Burritos anyone? this works well with no fan in the bathroom. I will say this again, the staff is very good and very nice, however, they are stuck in a hotel that needs a lot of help. I think they could start with the NASTY smoking area right in front of the hotel, the flower pot was overflowing with cigarette butts, HELLO!!!!!
The room was clean and the staff was nice, however with the paper thin walls and all the other issues and even with the $100 credit, NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I was not offered another room so I don't know if they have any good rooms.
1  Thank gregg j