“Average, Nothing bad, nothing great”

Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staff very friendly. Fairly clean overall, though establishment itself a little haggard with age. Seems it’s been awhile since this hotel had a face-lift, for example just to date the place, front doors are manual, do not slide open; pool towels sandpaper like due to many, many washes. But given its slightly older feel, it is very well kept. Rooms and common areas clean. Pool water was a bit cloudy, not crystal clear (learned that pool is kept up by outside service). Stayed in Queen Suite across from elevators in Room 507. Bedroom quite, but common area where pullout couch was not terribly sound proofed from the hallway noise, luckily other guests were respectful and basically quite in the hallways. AC unit very loud, if I didn’t sleep with earplugs it would definitely have woken me when it kicked on overnight. Bed too soft for my liking, I weigh in at 125 and HB at 145, and I felt like I was rolling into him, but the bedding itself (pillows/duvet) very nice. Breakfast exactly what one would expect at this caliber hotel; there is an afternoon dinner/reception that we did not take part in, but seemed others families were making plates for dinner, so if your on a budget it is ideal, for us though the reception food was not our cup of tea, eg we ate at places like Le Yaca=high end French.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Turtle Traveler,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback about your room. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Homewood Suites Williamsburg staff were exceptional throughout my 5 months visit. The staff was very polite and professional. The rooms were very clean and also available upon my return from my temporary workplace. The Hotel Managers, Hotel Receptionist, Housekeeping Staff and Restaurant Staff were always available and accessible during my stay at the Homewood Suites. I truly would recommend this hotel for pleasure or business. The area was very good right in the heart of Colonial Williamsburg. My overall experience was GREAT, I did feel like I never left home... Mrs. S. Lawrence

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sharon L,

Thank you for telling us about your extended stay with us. We know it is very difficult being away from home. It is our mission to make our hotel feel like home. We appreciate all of our business travelers. Thank you so much for this great review. We will pass it on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family recently took a weekend trip to Williamsburg to celebrate my youngest daughter's 15th birthday. We have stayed at several different hotels in the Williamsburg area during previous visits; however, I decided to stay with the brand of hotel my family has come to know and trust for consistency in the quality of service and overall customer experience provided. I totally missed the mark on this trip because our stay at the Homewood Suites has been our worst hotel experience to date. This hotel does not measure up to the Hilton hotel image and is in need of a complete renovation. Inspite of the cost to quality ratio (we paid over $300/night), shabby decor, horrible amenities, and unwelcoming hotel staff the worst part of our experience is the fact that they did not do anything to recognize that we were there in celebration of my daugther's 15th birthday. I specifically mentioned this when making the reservation and again upon check-in because I wanted my daughter to feel special and be recognized because it was her birthday. She was extremely disappointed that nothing was said or done in recognition of her birthday. I know that every hotel is different; however, during every other stay at a Hilton brand hotel during her birthday the hotel staff has gone above and beyond to make her feel special (to include a personal birthday wish from the hotel staff, cookies, balloons, and a birthday card to boot!). Homewood Suites' motto is 'Welcome Home'; however, I wish we HAD stayed at home for this birthday!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank diggs5

Dear Diggs5,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are very sorry that you were not satisifed with you and your family's stay. Thank youf or all of your comments and concerns. We appreciate your feedback and willl pass it on to our staff. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. We will use your feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Williamsburg in April 2012 when I attended my friend's daughter's wedding & I was very impressed with the quality of service rendered. The breakfast was good & plentiful, the rooms clean & well furnished, the staff friendly & very helpful & the overall experience was delightful. The location of the hotel too was excellent in the heart of the historic area. All in all a good, very pleasant & enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank firuzakhan

Dear firuzakhan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed at countless Hilton brand hotels, and this is the worst of them all! While the employees were very pleasant, the service was under par. The breakfast was the worst of any hotel I've ever stayed. The waffles came out cold directly off the tray from the kitchen. The meal was so understaffed that the employees worked as fast as they could, yet couldn't keep the food and plates replenished fast enough. There was dust I could write in on the tables in the suite living room. There was no adult beverage at the managers reception like you will find at every other Homewood Suites. I have seen countless reviews similar to this one, and yet the management has not seen fit to correct the problems. If you value extra space in the suite (which I have to admit is nice for my family of 4), then this hotel may be a good choice. However, don't expect the usual Hilton brand quality!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler5554

Dear traveler5554,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We will pass your concerns on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We would like to apologize for you not being satisifed with your stay. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We could hear other people like they were in our room. Kids fighting, crying, toilet, shower, sneezes, and much more.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear rsan,

Thank you for telling us about yoru stay with us. We appreciate your comments. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the walls in the hotel. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. We strive as a hotel to make our hotel a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consdier us again in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here around Christmas time in 2011 and visited the amusement park. We had a two year old who was wiped out by the end of the evening so I called ahead to make sure a crib was in the room. I was assured it was, but it wasn't and I had to wait another hour before it showed up. Aside from that the hotel is in excellent condition, the rooms were very clean and breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kris_F1
HMPHotels, Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Kris_F1,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us around Christmas time of 2011. We apologize for the inconvenience of the crib not being available to you when you arrived. We appreciate all guest feedback. It helps us make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.