....from a category 7 Hilton. It's like a Holiday Inn Express or Marriott Courtyard, but bigger. Everything is clean and functional, the staff are very helpful if you ask for anything, but....it's all a bit cheap. I guess we weren't in one of the all the way 'updated' rooms, based on the tv, but frankly we don't really care about the tv- it worked fine. The air conditioning, however, reminds me of the bad old days of chain hotels- you can have an arctic blast or stuffy nothing. The lighting - esp. in the bathroom- reminds you of a public restroom. And here's an odd one: the linens don't fit the beds. The mattress pad was too small, so itnkept popping off the corner, and the bottom sheets are not fitted and just barely big enough, so they don't stay tucked in. The result is that the sheets are a complete mess almost as soon as you get in the bed.
The breakfast is adequate- toast-yourself bread, bagels and english muffins, what appear to be home-made muffins, a choice of 3 bulk cereals, cafeteria-type scrambled eggs and sausage patties- and seemed to please most of the guests. Best thing was the oatmeal, with raisins, cranberries & brown sugar to top it with. Worst thing was the yogurt- they had 2 types- Trix (!) and some super-artificial diet brand.
The hotel was completely full, and the staff seemed to handle that well- props for that. And it probably isn't fair to blame the hotel for the alarm going off TWICE before 7am one morning- I am guessing guests opened doors with alarms on them- but it sure was annoying on our one morning to sleep in. Having a room that is right at the intersection of the breakfast room, the downstairs TV lounge, the path to the pool, and the elevator that gets people to the pool and to breakfast was unlucky- when we arrived we thought 'oh, how convenient', but by the next morning we realized that it is actually the single worst room in the hotel. Hey, somebody had to have it. But it got really old listening to the loud families- sometimes cheerful, often not- just outside the room. These old walls just aren't sound proof.
The reason we chose the Homewood over the Embassy Suites was that the room itself is bigger, and there are 2 beds + a sofa bed, and that part worked for us (with 2 teenagers, the extra bed made a difference!). That said, next time we will choose Embassy Suites. It's the same category, a lot nicer finish and waaaaaay better breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Williamsburg hotel, a charming hotel located 18 miles from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. Enjoy the comforts of home in one of the elegant suites, complete with your own fully equipped kitchen and separate living room. Situated in the center of colonial Williamsburg, the spacious suites make this hotel in Williamsburg, VA a memorable place for an extended stay or short holiday Enjoy the comforts of home at Homewood Suites, where your day begins with a complimentary cooked breakfast. Choose a spacious one- or two-bedroom suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Unwind on comfortable, classic furniture in front of your fireplace. Each suite is large enough for work, study or entertaining, and includes a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Relax on a comfortable couch in your living room, and unwind in front of on-demand movies on your 37-inch LCD TV. Stay connected with high-speed WiFi and two telephones with data ports and voicemail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Priceline so you can book your Homewood Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Homewood Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Homewood Suites